Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Plan Requests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

F218

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 19>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2014 at 5:01pm
He has actually contacted F1 and asked for the plans :-)
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2014 at 5:10pm
Why are you guys so silly?
F1 are nice guys so why bother them?

I don't get the F218 hype at all, what's so special about this plan?

It should be easy to obtain the plan, but to what use? Without the drivers you are probably more well off with a known design, or you have to reverse engineer the box to get proper sims to find drivers.

But why? It's Illegal to copy colors & trademarks for sure, but I don't think anyone would notice if copies were a different color & bracing, but again; then you might as well choose a different design.

I think the desire to copy is all about the hype of a brand & a sign of lack of imagination, whow then I should stop posting on here now...
Goodvibetribe View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goodvibetribe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2014 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by tv00 tv00 wrote:

Why are you guys so silly?
F1 are nice guys so why bother them?

I don't get the F218 hype at all, what's so special about this plan?

It should be easy to obtain the plan, but to what use? Without the drivers you are probably more well off with a known design, or you have to reverse engineer the box to get proper sims to find drivers.

But why? It's Illegal to copy colors & trademarks for sure, but I don't think anyone would notice if copies were a different color & bracing, but again; then you might as well choose a different design.

I think the desire to copy is all about the hype of a brand & a sign of lack of imagination, whow then I should stop posting on here now...

If these blithering idiots have actually contacted F1 asking for the plans, I would have thought it would give everyone there a bit of a laugh to be honest. 

Its fairly obvious that most, if not all of the replies for the plan requests on here are very sarcastic and no one is actually suggesting that they should be copied. 

In regards to the actual F218, I agree with you entirely! Its a fairly simple glorified USB cabinet, and with out the specific drivers which you can only get from F1, even if the box design is identical its not going to be the same anyway! Like you said, no imaginationand like i said, blithering idiots. 
George c - www.gorilla-audio.co.uk facebook.com/gorillaaudiohire
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2014 at 10:51pm
The drivers are actually relatively easy to match to an off-the-shelf model if you have the first idea about BPH designs and look at the basket and such from a real box, and there are in my opinion already a fair few 'clones' out there in venues and whatnot. But that's not the point, it's an ethical thing and F1 is primarily sold on the tops rather than the subs.

But as ever, if anybody was serious about making copies then they'd buy a pair of battered old ones off eBay and get a tape measure out, so this thread is obviously just banter and sarcasm.
nick bakker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick bakker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2014 at 8:54pm
I never told this: if you want the plan so bad, go to a f1 rental. Rent 1 f218. Take the costs of the rent for the costs for the build. Screw it open. Measure every panel, measure the driver. Take pictures of all the important details. Make the plan, and keep it for yourself and build the bins you want so bad. That's how copy's are born
Keen View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2014 at 8:34am
and then have your card charged for a new F218 for damaging someones property. 
bitSmasher View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2014 at 11:36am
Don't forget cost of having a custom driver made to emulate that in the F218... for the box is one part of the system
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2014 at 1:51pm
The driver in the F218 is a poorly kept secret.
all bass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote all bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2014 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by bitSmasher bitSmasher wrote:

Don't forget cost of having a custom driver made to emulate that in the F218... for the box is one part of the system
So you are saying i can't load them with my 2 Skytec 18's? But they are 10000 Watts... Shocked
SMP View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2014 at 11:49pm
just came across this thread whilst bored in the Whorehouse waiting for some returning kit  why oh why would anyone want monotonic bass?
that is all you can achieve with them unless there is some secret to using the things I am not aware of
i have heard far better things than F218's they do not work anyway loud yes work no!!!
But i have to remember the deaf are easily pleased with low performance sound such as them
I thought the purpose of this Forum was to educate people to strive to do better than such junk?
yet i see nobody discouraging the OP from such folly
please correct me if my thoughts on this are wrong but I would only consider them good for building a Bonfire with
Sypa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sypa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2014 at 11:52pm
Monotonic bass for monotonic music works like a charm.
SMP View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2014 at 12:07am
Originally posted by Sypa Sypa wrote:

Monotonic bass for monotonic music works like a charm.

Not so sure I have ever experienced monotonic music!! I do not think there such a thing unless reproduced by such systems where amazingly it converts it to just that!!!LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 19>