Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stasys X Data

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
josh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2008 at 5:04pm
jake im not compleatly wrong, i am more than happy to talk about this technology, listen and learn from someone more knowledgable than me and i am gratefull. However all i am saying is id hate for rog to get f**ked over at the end of the day.
adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2008 at 4:32pm
exactly... which is why I have no problems discussing the theory and grow tired of people getting all narky about discussing it... it's learning how something works, not copying.
Jake_Fielder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake_Fielder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2008 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by adambomb adambomb wrote:

there's only so many ways this can work jake... think about the words Rog used (I'm pretty sure I understand the concept and the rough phisical layout, no idea on the specifics tho).

Exactly, its easy to know the rough physical layout, but no one knows the specifics. If you have the ability to work out the specifics then im sure you can invent your own rough physical layout and design your own cab with equal technology, hence, theres no need to copy if you can.
adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2008 at 4:25pm
there's only so many ways this can work jake... think about the words Rog used (I'm pretty sure I understand the concept and the rough phisical layout, no idea on the specifics tho).
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake_Fielder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2008 at 4:21pm
If anyone on here knows how to make a chamber tuned act as a long port, like in this design, and had as much know how as Rog so that they could tune the chambers and the ports, map the airlow and pressure to work out the exact dimentions of this cab, then i recon they'd be designing their own mega cabinet rather than trying to work out all the precise dimentions of this one, when in the end they'd just end up with a copy.
adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2008 at 4:14pm
@Toasty... it's up to the designer to govern how much information he gives out, and if your really wanting to build a stasys-X copy.. I think you will find Rog has already pretty much posted all of the design details.. including volume of enclosure, horn length, tuning frequency... and I can only see one way to achieve the port tuning, which he has also told us how he achieved it... I think I could build (if so inclined) a shonky copy of a stasys-X, without even seeing one... but where the hell am I going to find driver with heatsinks attached etc.

I think we should seperate in our minds, understanding the concept is not the same as being able to build a copy... the Stasys-X will sell, not because it sounds superb  / puts out more SPL etc... but because of the backup the buyer gets from VOID, the rider friendlyness of the products, reliability etc etc.

An analogy might be... I expect you could build me a really fast PC... I wouldn't buy it cos next year, when it goes wrong I might not find you again, if I buy a Dell / HP I know they will help me out.

Edited by adambomb - 16 April 2008 at 4:15pm
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake_Fielder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2008 at 4:08pm
Adam Clap
Thats exactly it.

Josh: you are completely wrong, quote me information from this thread that Rog has given, that has not been mentioned before. I bet you cant find alot, also Rog is not slowly but surly telling us more, he knows how much information he's willing to give out, he's not daft, its not like if i keep asking he's going to eventually give me the plans.
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2008 at 4:05pm
I agree that the site is about discussing the theory and design of speakers, but it's a little odd to see a current commercial design exposed in so much detail, especially by the designer themselves.
adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2008 at 4:00pm
No it's not... we are here to learn.. and the teacher is teaching.

I thought this site was about discussing the design and theory of loudspeakers / PA... not simply stacking products without understanding how they work... this is what makes SP great!

I do agree tho, Rog has been more than generous with the info, and in the wrong hands the stuff he has posted could probably be used to create a rival product.. BUT, I have a feeling Rog's coming news is so big that he's not hat bothered about this old tech stuff any more.
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2008 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by josh josh wrote:

whys everyone drilling rog for information about his stasys x, i think hes allready said too much and his willingness to teach and pass on information is being abused slightly here, slowly but surly hes telling us more, someone will be reading this.

I've thought that throughout this thread, there's a lot of information here that could be used by an unscrupulous, but fairly knowledgable company to produce a nasty knockoff.

Is it not enough to know that it makes some silly bass and sounds great doing it?
josh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2008 at 3:46pm
whys everyone drilling rog for information about his stasys x, i think hes allready said too much and his willingness to teach and pass on information is being abused slightly here, slowly but surly hes telling us more, someone will be reading this.
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2008 at 2:30pm
Well I would guess that if the design is right the port and horn will combine nicely at 50Hz and it'll all sum together in phase.

If the design is wrong then the port and the horn will be out of phase and you'll get a huge dip at 50Hz.

Close?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>