Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database simulation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiscernAudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2013 at 10:17pm
CHECK YOUR DRIVER ARRANGEMENT AND CHAMBER SETTINGS UNDER TOOLS
DiscernAudio View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiscernAudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2013 at 5:43pm
HD15 horn dimensions (5 panel version)...
Gregor tem2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gregor tem2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2013 at 11:02pm
hi
Please do simulations for "Cubo sub" and Ev 18T for Pd1851? because I'm looking to them as the most efficient enclosure
Thanks and best regards GregoryDisapprove
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2013 at 7:29pm
I'm trying to Sim another classic bph from Denmark, known as "Fane TT1000" a little like USB-bin
I'm just wondering where "S1" would be? i would guess at the blue line?
As you'll see the area is the same in both side of the fold (16,7 cm wide openning)
This means that the horn start is more like a narrowed tube (blue line = narrow spot) than a horn.

Actually this leads to three questions:
1 where would you start "s1"?
2 How do I calculate with inverted driver like usb bin (rear chamber bigger + front smaller i know)
3 The red edit is my suggestion for adding compression, horn lenght and smoothness to the design, should be a fairly simple hack to massproduce have 20+ of these boxes!

The compression is quite low as the box is 58 cm wide (54,4 on the inside) So I'm thinking that more compression, longer smoother horn path and my 12 pcs fane 18-1500 could be usefull:-)

tt1000 sim
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2013 at 8:12pm
at red line....
https://www.elements-audio.com
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2013 at 10:17pm
ok, I would think so too, but the path is narrowing towards the blue line and reaching the same crosssection area at the exit of the folk, so there's really not much horn shape going on before that point. How do you think about my suggested mod?
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2013 at 10:28pm
with a bhp you need to sim red line and back as front chamber..... but with out mod, all that will do is add colouration to the sound (distortion)....

also ditch the 3 part horn for a 2 part, the extra bit on the plan is so small in angle it wont help or add anything to the cab....

Edited by bee - 15 September 2013 at 10:30pm
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2013 at 10:35pm
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2013 at 11:20pm
Thanks! It starts looking  like the usb-bin.
Calculating where the mod should be isn't easy, it's a tractrix formula horn, so i would have to calculate backwards doing "tractrix regression" or just simply do trial and error test with hornresp.
S1 is 908, which is a quite low or compression compared to usb's 825, the drivers might even be happy with more compression as they are horn suited(fane 18-1500 & b600), I will try that with hornresp.

I'll give it a try as soon as I get the time
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2013 at 11:27pm
no sim it up as a standard horn s1 would be width x height, s2 is width x height etc...

that's the fatal mistake which people make with a bhp, your ratio will be based on rear chamber vs front chamber volume..... also is the plan u posted not a forward firing design....
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2013 at 12:33am
Hi, thanks, think I'm taking up a bit of space in this thread with this project, the sim WILL come up though, with and without the mod, I think there must be more than 100 of these boxes in Denmark.

The plan was designed to be forward firing, but I found out that it sounds sweeter and plays deeper with less "honking" with the driver reversed. How do I sim that? I know that it changes the size of front / rear chamber
DiscernAudio View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiscernAudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2013 at 6:13am
Originally posted by bee bee wrote:

with a bhp you need to sim red line and back as front chamber..... but with out mod, all that will do is add colouration to the sound (distortion)....

also ditch the 3 part horn for a 2 part, the extra bit on the plan is so small in angle it wont help or add anything to the cab....
'

Just curious bee, but why ditch the 3 panel ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223>