Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Golden oldies
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hill Audio Speakers and amps

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GordonW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2015 at 12:36pm
Danny, Ian, et al- I don't know if you remember him, but I know the former Hill Audio US technical representative- Rick Rogers.

I haven't heard from him in a while, but last time I talked to him, he still lived in Tucker GA, just like he did when he worked with Hill. I actually bought a Renkus-Heinz-labelled Hill DX1500 from him, about 10 years ago- and I still use it now and then. He's still got a stash of them at his home, last time I checked.

The years haven't been very kind to him- he's had some pretty serious medical problems, but last time I heard from him, at least he was up and kicking...

Regards,
Gordon.

Ian Colville View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Colville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2015 at 3:25pm
I remember Rick and I'm sorry to hear that he's had problems. I think I only met him the once when I went out to Atlanta and Dave Ash showed me around the facility but we spoke very often on the phone.

I haven't been on here for a while and it's interesting to see that some of the old gear is still around and stirring up mixed emotions!
gorgo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorgo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2015 at 8:06am
I have some Hill cabs that I want to restore,  if anyone has or knows the whereabouts of some mk 1 Volt 10 inch drivers, please give me a shout, condition not important as thet will be re coned. 
Geigertron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geigertron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2015 at 6:22pm
These guys might have some, I traded in some 10" volt a while ago

http://www.audioloudspeakers.co.uk/contact.shtml
gorgo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorgo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2015 at 6:51pm
eExcellent, thank you, I will give them a call.
MuśnickiSoundSystem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MuśnickiSoundSystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 4:42pm
Hi All!

After Live Aid '85 we've bought 72 pieces of M4 and 20 pieces of monitor wedges to Poland :) unfortunately none of them are "alive" :) 

But we still have 30 pieces of DX3000 ;) - still working with Martin Audio W8C. 

We also have 8 pieces of newer Hill cabinets - I don't know which model - they have 6x Low speakers, 2x Middle and 1x Horn. We also have very old Hill mixing desk and few monitors...

We knew Robert Lingfield very well - He was friend of my Father, was several times in Poland for a "business" meeting week :) great Man!

jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by MuśnickiSoundSystem MuśnickiSoundSystem wrote:

Hi All!

After Live Aid '85 we've bought 72 pieces of M4 and 20 pieces of monitor wedges to Poland :) unfortunately none of them are "alive" :) 

Love to see some photos of them now,if that is possible?
Be seeing you.
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

Hi All!

Love to see some photos of them now,if that is possible?

+1, 72 M4 cabs would have been a very large chunk of the system at Wembley as I'm sure I read they used 52 per side plus a few more for infill.
*George* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *George* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2018 at 12:23pm
Hey Folks,

on my Table is a 30 Years old Hill DX1500
The Output Stage Transistors (TO3 NPN) named H001 are broken.

I think, H001 is a hill label - google don´t know this part.

Does anyone knows the real name or a replacement part of this transistors?
Maybe dannyxb70?

Greetings from Germany,
George

Edited by *George* - 22 March 2018 at 12:36pm
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2018 at 9:27pm

Hi All!

But we still have 30 pieces of DX3000 ;) - still working with Martin Audio W8C. 

Wow!  You must run a tight ship, no clipping them! 
It's everything, not everythink!
Geigertron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Geigertron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2018 at 7:58pm
hey, I think mj15022 should work ok, I think that's what is in mine
Gilsilvai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gilsilvai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2018 at 11:17pm
I have access to about 18 M6 cabinets in different shapes and conditions in Pittsburgh PA.

I also have some M4 cabs and about 10 Hill Audio DX3000
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>