Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Golden oldies
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hill Audio Speakers and amps

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2008 at 6:09pm
just looked, not them, these had a full grill and i'm quite sure they had 15's as well as 12's
jazomir View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazomir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2008 at 6:41pm
Thanks for the compliments on the pics - unfortunately the vast majority are not mine, but simply snatched off the WEB. I lost most of my vintage stuff some years ago in a hard disk crash ( this was before simple backup  facilities were available), and I stupidly  threw away nearly 30 years of magazines (including several 20+ year old complete collections), tons of cuttings, photos, flyers, tickets and such when I moved up north from London 5 1/2 years ago - which was silly really since my current house is 3 times as big as my old one and I have about 10 times the storage space and about 100 times more computer power and scanning capability available.
Anyway, mustn't complain - it's good how the new forum seems to be working out.

Incidentally, has anyone heard how Rog is - I can't remember exactly where in China he was. Just hope it wasn't in Szechuan province, near the earthquake.
For sidefills, can we have two enormous things of a type that might be venerated as Gods by the inhabitants of Easter Island, capable of reaching volumes that would make Beelzebub soil his pants.
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2008 at 12:30pm
All the DX's went DC and killed all the drivers. They are now rotting in hellAngry
It's everything, not everythink!
TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2008 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

Opps..John you are absolutely correct,the cabinet i was first thinking of,was of course the "Eastmill" 2x12 bass horn.

Ian, These Eastmills turned up at my factory in Raleigh. I took the handles out to look inside. These were the first cabs I'd seen with foam pack in the cavities.
Neil Grant, who was Westmill up in Scotland before he was Eastmill, now works in Guilford, and is part of a company that fits out luxury boats.
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2008 at 11:46pm
Tony--If he packs his boat cavities with expanding foam anything like those Eastmill cabinets were done then the buggers will never sink--cheers--John.
SmokeyJoe View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmokeyJoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 11:48pm
Im still using a DX1500 to drive a pair of 12NDL76's full time!

Sounds great, and is very old - but still going strong!

Used to belong in my dads recording studio!

- Joe.
maltings View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maltings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2008 at 12:32pm
I blame Hill for the state of my bank balance! My sister was going out with the foh engineer for a local band called Druid way back in the mists and thats where it all kicked off for me... why didn't I buy a train set instead!!
brumie59 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brumie59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2008 at 9:51pm
I bought a train set as well!, I had one of those DX'S and it went dc too and blew everything up, they had loads of paralleled bi-polars and some horrible bias system!!
dannyxb70 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dannyxb70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2008 at 7:09pm

Hi

I have some information and pictures I'd like to submit regarding the Hill cabs but haven't used this site before, what is the easiest way to upload photos?
Regards
Danny
Hussar!
colint View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2008 at 10:01pm
Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!
chickenfizz View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chickenfizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2008 at 2:02pm
Why are powercubes such an embarrasment? I happen to very much like the sound of their 18" M7 subs. Besides the line array not really being a line array (coaxial 12" speakers in a line array???) their speakers don't sound too bad, I've had quite a lot of experience with a few different powercube systems and the only product I really don't like is the 15" sub which is a bit pants (very pants for the money).

I had 4 of the chameleon amps (for which I still have the brochure) 2 S2000s 1 S1800 and 1 S1200. All have now gone bang :( the 1200 lasted the longest. It was quite impressive to fit a 2000 watt linear ps amp into a 1u case (even if it was stupidly deep). I could've fitted 7k worth of linear amps into a 4u case. I recently saw a chameleon go on ebay for a lot of money (over £1000 if memory serves).
Deadbeat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deadbeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2008 at 5:29pm
Quoth Andy on Chameleon amps (just some info):

old amps like the cameleon ok If any one looks at the manule for the cameleon,it states its sine wave output is 350 watts per channel,this is the same as my test results.
1500watts is music power,
people need to read the small print.

The best part of the cameleon is the Power transformer,by MR Holden.

Had the new EV in last week USA modelLOL

Away on extended leave.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>