Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Golden oldies
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Froggy and the Soulweekenders.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 30>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2010 at 8:01pm
If you have anymore photos of the system,we would all love to see,so please upload if you can!
Thanks.
Be seeing you.
mykey- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2010 at 3:23am
@original roadie

the Purley alldayer , please clear something up for me once and for all......what system was used? I think I did ask Tony once and he wasn't sure, but John Dean is adamant that it was his sound system that was used. John Deans old man made all his cabs, they were an Altec lansing single 15'', with chrome dome dust caps. I met his old man, lovely guy, he loved building speaker cabs

John Dean had a disco shop in Ilford called D-Tek if I remember rightly

I believe it was 1978/9, and i still haven't found out the truth about who's or what it was

still the loudest system to date that I have ever heard, not clear mind, distorted but extremely loud

my ears rang for a good few days, maybe it was the distortion lol

2 huge pyramids stacks you had

pictures from that day would be BLOODY awesome dude?
KC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2010 at 3:07pm
I think I spent most of my time dancing in front or sitting in the Frogs base bins.

This is a quality Frog Link will post some photos when I get up in the loft!!!!

Original Roadie. You,Ollie and the main man Froggy gave me some of the best days of my life. Oh how I miss the old days.........Cry

TRE4U2NV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRE4U2NV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2010 at 10:02pm
http://www.soulwalking.co.uk/Family%20Album.html
great reading feeling old slippers time lol
IM SO SECRETIVE BUT I CANT TELL YOU WHY
Nitz V1505 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nitz V1505 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2010 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by mykey- mykey- wrote:

@original roadie 
John Dean had a disco shop in Ilford called D-Tek if I remember rightly

I believe it was 1978/9, and i still haven't found out the truth about who's or what it was

still the loudest system to date that I have ever heard, not clear mind, distorted but extremely loud

my ears rang for a good few days, maybe it was the distortion lol

2 huge pyramids stacks you had

pictures from that day would be BLOODY awesome dude?
    IMO the Matamp amps being valve amps are  louder than your average 120w solid state amps. When driven hard they are gonna distort but valves normally distort in a nice way unlike transistor amps . The Matamp's 120 valve watts are like 1000 transistor watts because of the different circuit topology of the two.
LET THE BASS ROLL LIKE THUNDER
& THE TOPS LIKE LIGHTNING.....
DC6ms View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC6ms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 1:44pm
You might like this Froggy mix we 'cleaned up' on our site:

Enjoy

DC
simonharris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simonharris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2010 at 2:57am
It's the Frog, Y'all . . . . . . .

Originally posted by KC KC wrote:

I think I spent most of my time dancing in front or sitting in the Frogs base bins.

This is a quality Frog Link will post some photos when I get up in the loft!!!!

Original Roadie. You,Ollie and the main man Froggy gave me some of the best days of my life. Oh how I miss the old days.........Cry

jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2010 at 9:03pm
Old poster of one of the Ilford Palais nights.

Edited by jbl_man - 14 August 2013 at 3:24pm
Be seeing you.
Mhamplification View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mhamplification Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2010 at 7:13pm
Must have been a really great night Froggy and LOTW together
I used to love them and the offspring bands Ingognito as well
Were you there Ian ?
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2010 at 7:22pm
Yes,was there that night....i can remember walking round the upstairs balcony trying to find the best place to hear the system....2 large stacks that night,either side of the stage,each stack being a pair of ASS 215's,laying side by side,on top of this an ASS double 15inch scoop,(like a 4520) then a pair of ASS 212 mids,then the ASS 2 inch radial horn,topped with a pair of ASS 1inch horns....each stack must have been around 12 foot high.

Simon and i had an old friend who was a photographer,he has loads of old high-res. photo negatives of these nights,so we are hoping he can scan them and will then post them up.
Be seeing you.
simonharris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simonharris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2010 at 8:12pm
It was an amazing night apart from one small issue - HARDLY ANYONE TURNED UP!  It was good fun apart from that, the sound system was great however a large venue like the Palais with it's poor acoustics didn't do it any favors, that size venue relies on a large crowd to dampen the reverberation. I have a recording of most of the night, Light of the World were really good.
Jack the Lad, Have-a-go hero, Cheeky Monkey, National Treasure, Global symbol of Courage & Dignity.
GregM View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2010 at 10:39pm
Simon and i had an old friend who was a photographer,he has loads of old high-res. photo negatives of these nights,so we are hoping he can scan them and will then post them up.
[/QUOTE]

Oh yes please.  I, for one, would really really love to see as many images as you/he could be arsed to scan of this event - and as much additional nerdiness as eitehr of you can recall.......peerleeeese!

Greg
Remember, if you don't want to hear the answer, don't ask the question!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 30>