Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Golden oldies
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Froggy and the Soulweekenders.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 30>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2013 at 11:43pm
Was it Joe Brown that you used to deal with at Tasco Tony?
TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2013 at 1:22am
I was on hello terms with Joe, and the last time I spoke to him he was at Rocket Cargo. He was shifting all the Hard Rock Memorabilia around the world. I had met him at mile end road when they were MEH Then it changed to Tasco and then the big warehouse that used to be a lorry depo at Lambeth. By then Joe was always in the office. The main man running the show was Euan Craig. This was the guy that gave me all the work. Bill Hough was also there who was the boffin behind a lot of their own stuff including the Tasco 4 way x\o they designed. When the balloon went up, Euan Graig got out and ended up on the same site as Edwin Shirley in West Ham. Next to Euan was a Scottish guy welding up Drum Risers who went by the name of John Henry. I did a few things with Euan but he disappeared and ended up managing a Petrol Station in Kent, and we all know what happened to John.

Edited by TONY.A.S.S. - 02 March 2013 at 9:04am
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2013 at 8:55am
Yes--Could never get on very well with Euan--If you had not got a cockney or Scots accent, he did not seem to want to know you and of course coming from Wolverhampton I had got no chance with him so I tended to deal with Joe and he sorted a cracking deal out when Slade bought all the Martin Audio from them.
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2013 at 5:25pm
Jeff Young on the decks San Tropez 1982,one of the stacks in the background.

Be seeing you.
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2013 at 8:38am
Frog helping out with the shifting.....here with an ASS 2x12 low mid.

Be seeing you.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2013 at 8:49am
Ian, Have you got enough photos for a small book?
mykey- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2013 at 9:38am
We have train spotters

Thank god we have Ian the speaker spotter. Don't ever take that camera from around your neck Ian ; )
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2013 at 6:53pm
Be seeing you.
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2013 at 7:24pm
Frog at the Matamp console,circa 1981.

Be seeing you.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2013 at 8:15pm
Any more of the console Ian? I'm sure that's the one we made him. It was heavy, they used to take it out of its flight case in the truck and carry them in separately.
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2013 at 8:54pm
Yup,here we are,first one with Robbie Vincent,(with a stack of ASS in the background) second a view from the other end.

Be seeing you.
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2013 at 8:55pm
Be seeing you.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 30>