Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

4scoop outdoor placement

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Natty_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 4scoop outdoor placement
    Posted: 20 May 2008 at 10:47am
I've my sound made by 4scoop and a good mid section (the mid high are louder than the mid bass).
I've to make an outdoor yard for the canaPisa festival....raggae and dubs sound only...
I know that I need much power, but 6,5kw is better than a normal crappy italian PA.
the question is:
 is better one stack with all the 4 scoop  or two stack with 2 scoop each one?

many thanks
Lapo
http://www.myspace.com/jahstationsoundsystem

sKs01 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sKs01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2008 at 12:30pm
1 stack of 4 imo more horn linkage and just generaly louder in one stack,though looks like you could use a kick section where do you cross the scoops at?
You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself.
_Natty_ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Natty_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2008 at 4:44pm
I cross my scoop at 100hz
and the double reflex 12" from 100hz to 2000hz...so no very best kick section but play a good and clear sound.
 maybe not louder than a stack with some 15" on mid-bass...but for now I work in this way!

many thansk

Lapo
bitzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2008 at 8:17pm
Ciao Lapo,
Are you going to choosing some reflex or an horn design? Because I'm starting to built my own kick section

Edited by bitzo - 20 May 2008 at 8:19pm
sKs01 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sKs01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2008 at 9:21pm
i know you didnt ask me but i thaught id chip in since you asked im buiding a kick section to go on top of my scoops, im using the HD15's

You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself.
_Natty_ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Natty_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2008 at 11:29am
please back to the original topic.....

1 stack with 4 scoop

or

2 stack with 2.....

POLL style!!!!!!
bitzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2008 at 12:51pm
better 4 in one stack at all...
4 superscooper in a stack drop down to 25 hz check the plan on the main site Thumbs%20Up

Edited by bitzo - 21 May 2008 at 1:38pm
Strange Daze View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strange Daze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2008 at 2:48pm
all in one stack for Reggae sound of that size i rekon :)
_Natty_ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Natty_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2008 at 5:20pm
hi to all
last saturday I've made the session (around 400 people)...and I've try the new one config ;)

same thing with the other two to made something like an half moon ;)

my opinion is that the scoop divided in this way are less deep than one stack off course...but more wrapping (specially the scoop section) and clear....the mid section work better because are moore high of around 20cm, so it go more far...

any opinion?
tweeter box View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2008 at 11:11am
1 stack with 4 scoops!!!!
Strange Daze View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strange Daze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2008 at 7:46pm
i quite like the way you have stacked it there....I just wonder if there are any phase issues between the scoops and the low mids??
_Natty_ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Natty_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2008 at 11:34am
no man...my not very expert ear can't hear anything wrong...

how can test it for the next time? just ear?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>