Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Golden oldies
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Turbosound; The relics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2010 at 4:27pm
how come on those tms3's, the HF is central between the mid horns on some (and most ive seen) yet these seem to have some with the HF on a top/bottom end. Wierd
''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2010 at 4:35pm
Hi Ginge, it seems strange being able to answer this, but when the first cabs were done the horn was on top. Its also when the horn used was from Bob Stern in Oregon. He was a systems man in the US. From what I remember, it was discovered that there was a coupling problem with 2 mid horns together, so, quite simply, they were separated with the horn, which we also used to make.
colint View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2010 at 8:07pm
Evil things TMS3's, had to fly a pair from the ceiling in a pub just down the road from me, never worked so hard in my life (or crapped my pant's they were gonna come down again) sounded good though!

I Was at Turbosound this Wednesday, they had 16 TSW218's waiting to go on the bonfire? They had just come off tour with divvy rascal and were driven so hard they were leaking! 
I did suggest they stuck em on SP for a 100 quid each but they declined saying they didn't want them public! I imagine they'd be very good with a TMS3 stuck on top of a pair of them!

Edited by colint - 22 October 2010 at 8:07pm
Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!
Tedski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tedski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2010 at 2:15am
I know a company in Germany that still has about 30 of the old beasts.

They rarely use them anymore, but the boss still has a major soft spot for them, so he just keeps them. Full flying gear for them and everything.

Can you imagine flying those 130kilo boxes 4 wide and 4 deep???
Endless headroom I imagine...

Edited by Tedski - 23 October 2010 at 4:03am
OGHinz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OGHinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2010 at 2:33pm
Expert Question: What´s inside? 2" JBL 2445 or 2x1" CD102 (103)

shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2010 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by 4D 4D wrote:

Iron Maidens Tms3 stash..
Note the 2 metric tonnes of TSW124 in the back ground!!! Smile
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2010 at 9:33pm
If anyone that worked for me stacked cabinets like that then I would sack them---What a total mess---It costs nothing but a little extra time to do things neat and tidy.
Strange Daze View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strange Daze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2010 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by Robbo Robbo wrote:

It costs nothing but a little extra time to do things neat and tidy.

I see your point but 9 times out of 10, on tour, time is exactly what you don't have spare of...
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2010 at 2:45pm
Yes, but that picture is not on tour its in their storage warehouse and even if it was on tour, I would still expect to see neat and tidy stacking along with tidy cabling on stage around speaker stacks, amp racks and multicore systems----I see far too many messes on stage from majour tours down to small venues and there is just no excuse for it----if time is tight then the get-in should be earlier.
Strange Daze View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strange Daze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2010 at 3:34pm
ah fair play I guess. That's your opinion and you're welcome to it.
I just feel it is a little harsh.
YES - If saftey is an issue, then you've got to maintain standards in the warehouse...
....but lets not forget, this is meant to be a nice chilled industry.
:-)
lgosdset View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lgosdset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2010 at 11:25am
Originally posted by Strange Daze Strange Daze wrote:

ah fair play I guess. That's your opinion and you're welcome to it.
I just feel it is a little harsh.
YES - If saftey is an issue, then you've got to maintain standards in the warehouse...
....but lets not forget, this is meant to be a nice chilled industry.
:-)

really?Shocked
Phil B View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2010 at 9:15pm
Well here`s BRP`s old wall of Flashlight.... all gone now.

And points for naming this Flash box...

Mostly harmless.... except if catering is shut.

Solar Sound System Shennanigans..http://diyhifi.biz/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>