Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X10, X12, X15 and XM15
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

three x12 questions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deadbeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2008 at 7:45pm
X15 can be used as small fullrange, but X12 can't. if you want a fullrange box, SP5 style boxes are great (15 + 6 +1), and can be designed quite easily using winisd. The 212 + 1 combo is great for midtop, though.
Away on extended leave.
Jochen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jochen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2008 at 10:59am
Deadbeat,

The X1's are loaded with P.Audio SD18's and the X12's are loaded with P.Audio SN12MB's / SD740's according to Rog's plans. 

The stacks are powered by Crest audio (8001 and 7001)

Edited by Jochen - 10 June 2008 at 10:59am
I like my sugar with coffee and cream
Deadbeat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deadbeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2008 at 1:45pm
Thanks Jochen.

i'm thinking of building something similar (only half size). I've been building only H-Fi cabs as my hobby, with a few one-offs until about a year ago when I made a mini bass reflex rig. This will be quite a nice upgrade.
Away on extended leave.
robotnation View Drop Down

Member Banned!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotnation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2008 at 6:59pm
thanks for all the help everyone.  I have decided on two X1s and two X12s.  I already have an amp for both 12's and 1's i just have to invest in wood, drivers, and a smaller amp for HF driver (ep1500).  The whole project seems like its gonna run me about 2k dollars.  I just blew out one of my rephlex subs so i cant sell them as a pair anymore but i have 4 12" moniters that should make me about 600 dollars.  Time to start saving.
Deadbeat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deadbeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2008 at 7:06pm
Nice idea...

Also remember - a used quality amp for the hf is always nice. 1500 watts for the comps seems a bit overkill, anyway.
Away on extended leave.
vwbidder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vwbidder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2008 at 4:40am
Originally posted by Jochen Jochen wrote:

4 X1's with only 2 X12's will be bass heavy indeed.  We use 1 X12 per X1 and it's sounds pretty OK for most kinds of music.  The pictures below were taken in a venue with a capacity of 1000 people.  The 4 X1's and 4 X12's  in total did the job very nicely.   Music was mostly drum & bass and progressive house.

What does it not sound good playing??? 
Jochen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jochen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2008 at 10:06am
Originally posted by vwbidder vwbidder wrote:

Originally posted by Jochen Jochen wrote:

4 X1's with only 2 X12's will be bass heavy indeed.  We use 1 X12 per X1 and it's sounds pretty OK for most kinds of music.  The pictures below were taken in a venue with a capacity of 1000 people.  The 4 X1's and 4 X12's  in total did the job very nicely.   Music was mostly drum & bass and progressive house.

What does it not sound good playing??? 

I would not use this combination for live sound reinforcement.  The X1 is great doing 35Hz - 80Hz and the X12 loves 125Hz and up but the system lacks kick bass.  Most people recommend HD15's  to cover that range between 80Hz and 125Hz which is important for rock music.
I like my sugar with coffee and cream
vwbidder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vwbidder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2008 at 3:07am
If I used a double 15  tuned around 50-60 hz to per X1/X12 should that do the trick?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12