Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Void Accoutstics Mycro

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ineedtechno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Void Accoutstics Mycro
    Posted: 20 June 2008 at 7:16pm

Hi I was looking into buying possibly some void mycro 6's or possibly higher along with the sub unit

what are peoples experiences with there speakers

Peter Moller View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Moller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2008 at 1:29am

Please note that I am a Void dealer, so what I say could be considered biased towards Void products in general, but:

I have a bunch of Mycro 8 in the rental stock - I use them quite a lot for corporate stuff, infills on larger rigs and as DJ monitors - given some proper power, the SPL is impressive and they sound nice and clean too.. They are a bit lacking in the LF department, but thats what the sub is for, so its no big deal..

I am looking at adding more once funding allows..

/peter
real phone no: +45 four zero six two four four nine eight ( using obvious anti phone spam encryption )
kevinmcdonough View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinmcdonough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2008 at 1:40am
yeah, I also have a small micro system consisting of two mycro 8's and 2 mycro subs.  As peter says, nice clear sound with clear top end and for their size give a decent volume. Can recommend them.

k
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2008 at 12:50pm
I heard the Mycro system the first year it was at Plasa and can say that it was clearly the most sparkling mid in the room (bar the Stasys possibly but we were being wowed by the bass at that point)
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
whitehousejamie View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitehousejamie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2008 at 12:58pm

Peter, what amp do you run them with?

I'm looking at getting a Pair of Mycro 8's and a Mycro bass, run from a Basys amp for small gigs.

Cheers

J
Lighting, sound & staging hire
www.eventstore.co.uk
www.pauljamespromotions.com
Peter Moller View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Moller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2008 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by whitehousejamie whitehousejamie wrote:

Peter, what amp do you run them with?

I'm looking at getting a Pair of Mycro 8's and a Mycro bass, run from a Basys amp for small gigs.

Cheers

J

Have used them with Dynacord Powermate 1000 ( powered desk ), Chevin Q1004, Void Inf5, EV Q66 etc.

Friend of mine was doing a theatre  show and borrowed a pair to use for down/infill with his PA ( single 18" sub + HK Audio Premium Pro 15 things running off a couple KW w. DSP etc. ). Ran the Mycros off a single channel of Chevin Q1004 - the mycros were just as loud and sounded better than the HK things if you ignore the slight lack of low end

50 people reception gigs with female vocals, a good condensor mic and a powermate 600 works well too..

Still a Void dealer, so anything I say could be considered marketing.. I'd suggest having a listen to these cabs somewhere if you are not completely sure what you want to get..

/peter
real phone no: +45 four zero six two four four nine eight ( using obvious anti phone spam encryption )
 Post Reply Post Reply