Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

C-Audio amps - model history?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richard stringer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2008 at 3:40pm
Oh i'm not like that nowadays, i've calmed down and haven't been arrested for anything since 2001 and that wasn't anything major, just running down the road after a lad to smash his head in with a mini baseball bat, but then the coppers jumped me. Anyway, back to the point in hand, C-Audio amplifers aren't in my opinion anywhere near as good sound quality as Crown, Crest, QSC etc... but hold on the guy wants to know the history of C-Audio. Have you dont a search mate to try and fins out?
haymere View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haymere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2008 at 4:23pm

Had RA3001, Pulse 4 x 300 & XR5001

All ultra reliable

XR5001 the ultimate big amp for sound if you like the warm british sound which I do
richard stringer View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richard stringer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2008 at 4:28pm
Personally I prefer the kind of that doesn't add any character the original signal but hey thats very rare these days unless I supose you go for something like a Lab Gruppen.
Dave M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2008 at 9:32am

sorry julz - i worked for c-audio/bss and my info regards relaibilty comes form seeing first hand units come back for repair over several years.

all the best

dave
Monitech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monitech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2008 at 6:14pm
Mykey
yes
phoenix out of the ashes
biotec View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2008 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by richard stringer richard stringer wrote:

I use to have a C-Audio GB602 and then when it got kicked by a mate (on purpose while I wasn't there, which then I put a f**kin knife to his throat and was gonna cut his throat if it wasn't for a girl stopping me. Never mess with a mans pa equipment), I got a QSC RMX-2450 which absolutely annhiliated the GB602 for sound quality and reliability. I was thinking about powering my subs from a C-Audio Pulse 2 x 1100 but decided not to

sounds like a totally reasonable excuse for proliferating the use of knives in petty arguments.
me so horny, me love you long throw.
Grumpy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 11:42am

Run 3801’s on the Subs, 4001’s on Mids & 3001’s on the tops, never had any real  problems apart from protection circuits when damp but if left on with the fans running it soon clears. Also run TR850’s on monitors again no real problems. Don’t think I own an amp newer than 10 years old but if looked after and you don’t kick the S**T out of them you will always get 20 years plus out of a decent quality amp. Before C Audio I used Hill TX & DX amps and still have a rack of TX1000’s in the hire stock still going strong. Keep em cool, don’t let them clip and above all use your ears and they will last.

andyamp View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andyamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 12:37pm
C audio ST'S were there worst.
I was asked by C audio to sort them out.
I was asked by Harmon europe not to sort them out, just before they brought out C audio.

a wise man changes his mind a fool does not.
http://www.matrixamplification.com/
Wrighty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrighty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 1:11pm
A colleague of mine took a faulty ST600 in on part-ex a few years ago. Turns out the insides of the power switch had completely melted, so once replaced, it was absolutely fine and it goes out all the time in his hire stock with no problems. It was beautifully built inside with all the wiring looms done up with lacing cord - don't see that much these days! Perhaps the circuit design wasn't of the same calibre...?
ALL YOUR BASS ARE BELONG TO US.
tweeter box View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 1:32pm
i use my 2650 to run 2 x 12" mid per channel

IMO wouldnt recomend it to run sub bass! for some reason i just dont trust it to run bass
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2009 at 10:06pm

Hi folks, sorry to butt in but do any of you know anywhere I can get my mitts on a schematic for the aforementioned TR850. I have a rather subtle fault or two which won't go away!

Monitech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monitech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2009 at 11:00am
hi pm me with an email address
i will mail it to you
regards
rich
phoenix out of the ashes
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>