Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

C-Audio amps - model history?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stumbler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2009 at 11:20am
only had personal experience of 2 x Ra3001, which were always reliable for us over 5 years, often operating in pretty harsh conditions, outdoors indoors etc, only thing we ever did was clean them out once every year or two.  get very warm tho

worth noting that the only lightweight models(?) made by c audio, the Pulse range, were copied and used by Crown as the Crown Pulse range, then apparently, a bit later, and slightly changed, as the XS range
not as straight forward as i first imagined..
chickenfizz View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chickenfizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2009 at 11:29am
A company I work for has two RA4001 in hire stock, they seem decent enough and reliable considering how much use they get.

I have seen one go bang spectacularly though, with sparks and fire coming out of the front, even this was an easy fix though, just shorted output devices and the soft-start resistor exploding in sympathy. Still gets hired out to this day :)

My only criticsm of them is the circuit boards are rather large and flappy with lots of heavy parts on them. Although it's never happened yet I don't imagine it would be impossible for them to come into contact with the case and short out.
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2009 at 11:36am
Just posted a load of SR series amps in the for sale section---in case anyone is interested--Cheers.
Strange Daze View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strange Daze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2009 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by Dave M Dave M wrote:

st 400/600 1000 - ?

great in my opinion.

used to have a 400 on mid duties....

Even when the fan broke, i gigged it hard twice, with no issues...

:)

appliedian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote appliedian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2010 at 9:14pm
Hi wonder if its possible to get hold of the diagrams for tr850 i have a sick one
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2010 at 12:42pm
The problem with the TR range is that, just like every other C-Audio unit, there are about 1206 different versions of board revision. One may bear no resemblance to another.

I had the diagram for one TR850 (hand drawn/typewriter) and it bears absolutely no relation to the one I have here at all particularly in the part of the circuit that has gone wrong. It is the TR range that sparked my utter contempt for this era of their output!
Kevin

North Staffordshire

markie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2010 at 12:52pm
I found something on the net that said they had a "Universal transformer" fitted, and that it was possible to upgrade an SR606 to a 707 merely by changing the connections on the transformer????

I have one which has been upgraded. But we'm not 'ad the new Lektrickery long down 'ere in Cornwall, and I don't really understand. Is it that simple????
If it's got wheels or tits it's gonna cost a fortune
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2010 at 1:26pm
In order to get the unit cost down, C-Audio ordered one transformer for the SR606 and 707 with the windings for both on it.
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2010 at 7:44pm
I think the SR707 has a few extra transistors?

Nice simple amps these, relatively speaking! These, the pulse and the GB are my least hated C-Audio products. From me, that is high praise.
Kevin

North Staffordshire

Aztor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aztor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 11:47am
Is the C-Audio XR5001 stabile in 2ohms? Asking because I need to know if it is bridgeable in 4@ohms.

wires View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 12:31pm

In the manual it doesn't specify a 4ohms bridge rating, only 8ohms or 16ohms bridged.

Personally at 2000w per channel at 4ohms i wouldn't bother bridging it at 4ohms.
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 7:00pm
No it's not I'm afraid. It makes enough heat with 4Ω a channel!
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>