Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

C-Audio amps - model history?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aztor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 8:23pm
Thanks! Wink
brokenjoe View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brokenjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2012 at 7:51am
is there a way of seeing if a 606 has had the mod? 

if i took a picture of the transformer would anyone be able to see? 
error 404
brokenjoe View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brokenjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2012 at 7:52am
is there a way of seeing if a 606 has had the mod? 

if i took a picture of the transformer would anyone be able to see? 
error 404
Monitech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monitech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2012 at 10:58am
the transformer will have the violet wires connected to the rectifers
phoenix out of the ashes
Mandachuva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mandachuva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2013 at 1:34pm
Raised from the dead...

My name is Mihai Toma, a sound engineer from Timisoara, Romania.

I have in my hands a recently purchased RA501 which has started developing an intermittent problem on one of the channels. Would any of you have any schematic or service manual for the RA501, or would you have any idea where I could get them? I've combed what I think is the entire Internet for such a schematic, but have turned up empty until now.

Thanks in advance, and all the best!
Dave FFA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave FFA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2013 at 1:45pm
Mihai contact lee basham at linea research here in the UK, he should have the  501 diagrams, id suggest inspecting all the joints associated with wireforms as there are several looms in the 501 that are soldered to pins on the printed circuit boards. theres also a few IC's in sockets worht checking out. all the best dave
Mandachuva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mandachuva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2013 at 1:51pm
Thanks a lot, Dave. Have already done all that you've mentioned. ;)

I had found out about Mr. Basham on another forum, and posted in the appropriate thread - but I think that he's not into that forum, nowadays. But thanks to your info, I now have his Linea Research e-mail address, and will try contacting him directly. Thanks a BUNCH!Hug

Mihai Toma
simonp1100 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simonp1100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2013 at 2:14pm
PM your email address & i will send you the circuit. 
Mrd999 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrd999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2013 at 4:43pm
Have also been in touch with Lee a while back,but due to family reasons he said he can't do anything at present,pity as he is only down the road from me.
Don't want to tempt fate,but I have an xr3801 which runs my 4 hd15's fine
What goes around, comes around
onefootskenk77 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onefootskenk77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2014 at 4:30pm
Hi any one know the specs of the C Audio SR 808
EMPIRE SOUND
dadaumpa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dadaumpa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2015 at 9:16pm
Hi all, I own six SR707 with the old chassis design.
These have been bought used coming from a disco in 2002 for a bargain price.
Fans have been replaced because very noisy with sleeve bearing gone, with the original ETRI unit under thermal control circuitry and some checks have also been made here and there.
Ruggedness of the chassis is good, but the weight is quite high.
Four of them are currently driving four Nexo LS2000 subs with more than good result, lots of power and good control. Any channel drives a 18" woofer, 4 ohm load.
No thermal problems evere encountered with them.
The other two works usually in a biamplification rack 
One channel drives the LF section, the other channel of the same unit drives the HF section. Fx ranging from 80 to 1050 Hz due to the system combination used (under active digital controller).
Never had any problem with them, very reliable and good sounding, also with high energy program like compressed rock or tekno/house music.
These amplifiers are sturdily built and they were quite expensive.
Cool air is taken from the rear, where the fans are located, and it is exhausted from the front.
The can go warm but never absurdely hot also when pushed to the limit (clip led sparingky blinking) on 4 ohm load. Never used them on 2 ohm load.
Cooling system works well, despite the small holes in the front panel, but avoid to put them in cases with different amplifiers with opposite cooling direction, because heating problems may arise.
Also, do not use vented (perforated) blank panels in the front of the rack, otherwise hot air exhausted will degrade the cooling system efficiency, ricirculating on the back, especially in close spaces.

Regards

Marcello
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2016 at 1:04pm
sorry to resurect an old thread 
possibly about to bid on a gb402 on the bay and i was led to believe these were half decent amps
but now im worried, is it usual for owners to instantly turn into mini baseball bat/f$%£ing knife wielding maniacs? and do these amps come with a mini baseball bat / f%£$ing knife? or do i have to buy these seperately?LOL is it just a case of taking precautions so that a mate wont kick the amp on purpose causing me to have to attack him with a f%£&ing knife? is this a common phenomena amongst c-audio owners? or did later revisions of the design alleviate these problems?

on a serious note would the gb402 do a decent job running upper mid/his either a pair of ciare 6" or a air of bms 4524 comps per channel? sometimes one channel doing the 6 one channel doing the comps? and is £75-90 ish plus post a decent price?
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234