Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My SMT212 CP755TI / SN12B

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
vwbidder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vwbidder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2008 at 9:57pm
Those are sweet looking cabsThumbs%20Up I assume their performance is somewhere between the X12 and the MT122? Can 2 per side be used to get good coverage and decent throw. How low will they play?
login4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote login4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2008 at 10:04pm
TIFF, ye about 1000 the pair.

vwbidder two a side would cover a nice wide area, good for clubs etc,

day time pic:

the photos were taken at a festival called the workhouse festival (courtyard stage)

all in all they sounded very sweet, really  kicky mid and crisp top end, the only thing i picked up on was there was a note that seemed to resonate sometimes it might of just been the venue or me just being picky but im going to run them through the computer at some point and see if there's any nasty peaks or dips in the response

p.s. wow those Beyma's sound nice
CELTIC SUBSONIC SOUND SYSTEMS
wafflesomd View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wafflesomd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2008 at 6:15am

How many sheets did it take for two?

Edited by wafflesomd - 18 August 2008 at 6:16am
tomschute View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomschute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2008 at 10:42pm
one per cab covered it if I remember rightly.
Out to lunch... stableaudio@hotmail.co.uk
www.stableaudio.co.uk
Speaker Building Services
login4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote login4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2008 at 12:02am
ye toms right, two sheets with a bit to spare

Zollax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zollax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2008 at 11:53am
Nice work there Thumbs%20Up
I realy wanna know how they sound compare to the MT122 Smile And how low and high the 12" speakers can play.
login4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote login4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2008 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by Zollax Zollax wrote:

Nice work there Thumbs%20Up
I realy wanna know how they sound compare to the MT122 Smile And how low and high the 12" speakers can play.

cheers man,

well iv never compared them directly to a MT but id imagine there not as efficient as an MT but they still project the sound nicely, and the dispersion seems fairly wide on them

i run mine from 130hz - 1.7khz,  they would probably go a little higher and lower tho without too many problems....

Zollax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zollax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2008 at 8:54pm
Okeey Wink
You said earlyer that the Eminence beta-12 didn't preform so well in this cab. Do you think the Eminence Delta-12 would do a better jobb?
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wafflesomd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2008 at 9:09pm
Speaking of, for anyone in the states.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=299-500

Flano View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2008 at 9:30pm
Nice job indeed....
Whats the weight of these cabs come in at?Are they your fame subs in the pic?
login4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote login4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2008 at 10:41pm
ye i think the delta 12 would be much better,

Flano ye there the fame subs i got from germany, there pretty good to be fair, realy quite kicky, and go fairly low, i hi pass at 35hz which seems to be fine,

they might be for sale soon as im thinking of down sizing a bit, and the pa bug is calling, LOL

as for weight of the tops i can lift one by myself and move it around but need two to stack one, also there quite top heavy because of the Beyma comp driver

Edited by login4 - 21 August 2008 at 11:05am
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wafflesomd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2008 at 1:25am
I'll be building a pair here soon.  Probably won't be nearly as nice as yours, but I'll try :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>