Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > MT122
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Start to finish pix. My MT122's!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2008 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by stusparty stusparty wrote:

Thanks. Its my first build!
I see them now on next PC.
Clap Brilliant..
**Heavy Weight-Line**
A home without books is like a body with no soul.
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2008 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by norty303 norty303 wrote:

One mod i would suggest is to add a support for the compression driver so it's not taking all the weight on the horn.

Definately. Good point...
Check this...
**Heavy Weight-Line**
stusparty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stusparty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2008 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by Tekasis Tekasis wrote:

Thanks. Its my first build!
I see them now on next PC.
Clap Brilliant..
What is 'next Pc'?  Thanks for all your comments! makes several months work even more worthwhile! Going to build 2 more of these but first some tasty subs soon. What goes well with MT122's!
stusparty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stusparty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2008 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by norty303 norty303 wrote:

Very nice indeed.

One mod i would suggest is to add a support for the compression driver so it's not taking all the weight on the horn.

A simple piece of wood that has a hole in it the same size as the comp driver should do the trick.  I've had a couple of breakages from fairly small knocks on cabs without braces

The TD400 flare seems very solid, I was considdering it whilst building them, I've used good quality stainless steel nut/bolts throughout and it does seem very secure so I didn't do it in the end.
colinmono View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colinmono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2008 at 7:54am

Going to build 2 more of these but first some tasty subs soon. What goes well with MT122's!

Not sure if you're after a pure sub as opposed to a one box bass solution, but if its the latter we're hoping 1850 horns will be a good match, as that's what we (I say we but I actually mean forum member imageoven who kindly lets me play with them Tongue) built first, now seriously considering building some MT122s.

stusparty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stusparty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2008 at 3:21pm
I've already got a pair of 1850's loaded with Void v18 1000's They sound really good, but they are very pricey. May look at building some 186 horns or perhaps some labs?
Deadbeat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deadbeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2008 at 3:44pm
Labs won't meet the MTs without a dedicated kick section. (And they'd cost more than the Voids).

Build 2 more 1850s, as Rog once said, it's like a 4-cylinder car engine - it was designed with 4 Units coupled together in mind, and once you add the fourth one you will be blown away. Besides, the Void is cheaper than the PD...

And if you're really on a budget, there are some cheaper P audios that he said would work with them.
Away on extended leave.
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2008 at 6:58pm

What is 'next Pc'? 

Sorry for the slight confusion - What I meant by that was I couldn't (& still can't) see the pics on the first PC I was using, the work one, but later managed to see them on another PC at home.

**Heavy Weight-Line**
stusparty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stusparty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by Tekasis Tekasis wrote:

What is 'next Pc'? 

Sorry for the slight confusion - What I meant by that was I couldn't (& still can't) see the pics on the first PC I was using, the work one, but later managed to see them on another PC at home.

Oh  - LOL!!
djtecthreat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djtecthreat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2008 at 9:22pm
Stu,

Loving the MT122's excellent job.   I printed out a couple pics of your completed and hung them up in the shop to remind me that if I try hard I can build them.

Any information on that High-Pass filter you have on the horn?  is that home built?

Any tips for building these?

-Jim
stusparty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stusparty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2008 at 9:56pm
Thanks! Its a purchased links Dynamics High Pass filter, they will build them to order to your specs. You can get them here: http://www.bluearan.com/ Tips for building, just patience! make sure every cut is perfect!
stusparty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stusparty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2012 at 8:00pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>