Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Feedback Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

JBL JRX125s

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strange Daze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2009 at 10:22am
These are now for sale, (see sale section)...

due to moving house and lack of space.
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2009 at 8:08pm
Dont forget these are a three way cab, quasi three way.

Using them as mid tops I would arrange them internally so that both 15's get the same freq. I think this has been mentioned before somewhere.

Edited by nickyburnell - 25 March 2009 at 8:11pm
It's everything, not everythink!
Fordy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2009 at 8:28pm
Are both 15s the same spec driver?
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2009 at 10:20pm
No idea
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2009 at 1:05am
They are in my cabs
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2009 at 8:55am
Crossing these over at 90 or so in standard trim means the bottom driver aint doing much.
Fordy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2009 at 9:05am
Thing I like about them is they are basically open baffle so very punchy down to 70, with a bit of eq to level the bottom end
FUBARD303 View Drop Down

Contentiously righteous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FUBARD303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2009 at 11:35pm
Hello,

I've been using mine like a pack mule for 3 yrs now. Got 4x jbl415s under em using all dead stock w 125's powered by a crown ce4000. Add an alesis compressor and a bbe sonic maximizer and it's MONEY... I've gotten numerous compliments from countless DJ's n artists who can't believe the quality sound coming outof my 'budjet' system. Sure I'm running em as hot as They'l go, but stay out of the red n they'll blast literally all night. I love em! I'm glad I looked here as I can't wait to hear em after I upgrade the horn. Right now I'm building a new base of 4x 18sound loaded 186 horns. Should be nice for lows but what about the kicks? Anyone tried upgrading the xover and/or woofers with the ones from the 525's? Ive been strongly considering doing so for quite some time now. Opinions?
"Always look on the bright side of life" -Brian
phildat View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phildat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2009 at 4:31pm
So, just to check, would you peeps recommend this as a comp replacement?

Selenium D220Ti-OMF-8 1" Titanium Horn Driver 8 Ohm 2/3 Bolt

Planning on putting my 4 on top of 4 rhinos once the container arrives..(Mykey?). Gonna take out the internal x over between the 15s and run a seperate amp to the comps. reckon they will sound great and will be able to keep up with a bit of fiddling. 
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2009 at 4:49pm
Back in the early days I was told/advised that 1'' comps work the best with 12'' drivers & 1.4''/1.5'' & 2'' comps work well with 15'' drivers, so Im a bit confused how one 1'' comp can match up well with 2 x 15'' drivers like these JBL JRX125's!

Any explanations why ? as interested in hearing a pair!
**Heavy Weight-Line**
A home without books is like a body with no soul.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2009 at 5:03pm
The explanations is two fold:
1., They don't care, it's a product for the masses.
2. The crossover is at 2k on the 125's, 115's are at 1.6k. The 2k is for saving the top a bit as the power into the 125s is double. Ergo there is a hole between 1k and 2k in normal circumstances as 15's roll off at 1k ish...However the 15's in the cabs are small voice coil drivers that are quite fast/go up highish http://www.speakerrepair.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=genem&Product_Code=01-010 so it aint too bad.

A lot of peole say these cabs are very reliable, two reasons IMHO.
1. Most including me use them above 80hz
2. If you look closely at the crossover there are two bulbs protecting the HF.

They are a compromise, cheap as used ones that do an admirable job as mid tops IMO.

I changed my top end to Beyma's, much sweeter.
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2009 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by nickyburnell nickyburnell wrote:

I changed my top end to Beyma's, much sweeter.

I hear ya, good explanation, did you use the same size 1'' in Beyma?

**Heavy Weight-Line**
A home without books is like a body with no soul.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>