Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Feedback Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

usb and mt 122 build

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guillaume03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: usb and mt 122 build
    Posted: 10 August 2008 at 2:58am
here are somes pics of my new rig build.

i plan to build 6 usb and 4 mt 122 (3 usb and 2 mt 122 by side)

* first , an old stack  i build :

there is 4 18" scoops loaded with celestion b 18-1000, and 4 bass reflex 2 way  midtops loaded with jbl 2206h(12") and b&c de 10(1").

* then  the first 3 usb :

(not finished, i'am still working on it!)loaded with p audio c 18 650 el, and if i have enough money in the phuture, loaded  with pd 186.

i was very very impressed by their sound!!!so loud!i only tested two (but not side by side, there was about 6 meter beetween the 2 usb), so if think with 3 usb  like on the pics it will go lower... i cant imagine what it could be with the 2 stacks of 3!i can't wait but i have a lot of work...

* and to finish  the mt 122 :

they will be loaded with the recommanded drivers, i only tested one ( i'm starting to build the 3 others next week)with my jbl 2206 (without compression, just to have an idea of how they sound in mid, and it was very impressive, in comparison of my little 2 way bass reflex cabs, the medium were so good!i can't wait too to hear them when they were good loaded!)

and for fun :

i will try to post more build pics with more details when i will start my other build (3 mt 122 and 3 usb to complete the rig) it is a lot of work but it sound so good!!!!

the rig is for electro and house party , inside and outside, for about 1500 people , is it enough?how many people can i do with 6 usb and 4 mt 122?

would it be better to build some x1 letterbox to go lower than the 6 usb?first, i think it is better to finish it and hear the rig complete, and then i will hear if i want more infrabass or not and so if i need other cabs!

thanks to davey t and rog for the usb and mt 122 plans, thanks for all other for the advice, and sorry if my english is bad , i'm french!

Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2008 at 9:05am
Looking good guillaume from what we can see, but the pics are a bit too small.
Can you make them bigger & repost them? approx 6x the size you've put up!
It'll be good to see your completed project!

By the way, your english seems very good! Only spotted 2 very small mistakes on a couple words... 

phuture = future
recommanded = recommended

Only noted so you know next time. Cheers.

**Heavy Weight-Line**
A home without books is like a body with no soul.
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2008 at 10:48am
Originally posted by guillaume03 guillaume03 wrote:

the rig is for electro and house party , inside and outside, for about 1500 people , is it enough?how many people can i do with 6 usb and 4 mt 122?

would it be better to build some x1 letterbox to go lower than the 6 usb?first, i think it is better to finish it and hear the rig complete, and then i will hear if i want more infrabass or not and so if i need other cabs!

Hi there g, well done so far.

If you are talking about 1500 people inside or out, you are definitely talking about long throw subs.

Personally I would suggest 8x WSX subs (2x stacks of 4x).

On top of each stack, you would only need 2x USB and 2x MT122.

Regards.
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
Deadbeat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deadbeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2008 at 11:26am
Or build Labs instead of WSX Wink that's what they were designed to sit atop.
I've actually seen conflicting statements about the X1, 'throw' is a concept based on source spl (as well as some other factors that have to do with horns specifically), and it's suitability for outdoors use.

well done on the rest of the build.

Good day.

Edited by Deadbeat - 10 August 2008 at 11:26am
Away on extended leave.
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2008 at 11:35am
Originally posted by Deadbeat Deadbeat wrote:

Or build Labs instead of WSX Wink that's what they were designed to sit atop.

Yes but WSX are more versatile, simpler/cheaper to build, load and drive.

You can treat them just like scoops/reflex, e.g get away with 2x stacks of 2x or 1x stack of 4x in some venues.

Edited by levyte357 - 10 August 2008 at 11:37am
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
Deadbeat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deadbeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2008 at 12:01pm
Contrary to popular belief, 2x stack of 2 Labs works as well. Designed for a stack of 4, like the 1850s.

And the WSX are a monster build, on par with the Labs I think with that strange rear chamber and throat.
Away on extended leave.
Peter Moller View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Moller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2008 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by guillaume03 guillaume03 wrote:

thanks to davey t and rog for the usb and mt 122 plans, thanks for all other for the advice, and sorry if my english is bad , i'm french!

Rig is looking good, and I can reassure you that your english isnt nearly as bad as my french is :-)..

/peter
real phone no: +45 four zero six two four four nine eight ( using obvious anti phone spam encryption )
biotec View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2008 at 4:55pm

It’s going to be a fantastic sound system when you are finished. I have heard similar set-ups and I know you wont be dissapointed.

The 4 MT122 will be extremely loud and in my opinion will have no trouble covering 1500 people. I think though that you may struggle to get the USBs to satisfy the bass needs of the crowd though. By all accounts they are a great bass bin and there is no doubt that they are a loud and efficient speaker, but I think 1500 people is perhaps over optimistic for the music you are playing.

For live music I think they would be fine it but perhaps not for electro and house; it will be loud but perhaps not as loud as people like. Bear in mind that the bottom two USBs in each stack will be firing straight into a mass of bodies and so a lot of the sound energy will be absorbed by the people in front of the stacks.

The suggestion of Lab horns is a good one and I think that even 3 lab-horns per side would help massively. I think you can make-do without but if you are impressed by the sound of the USBs on their own, you will be gobsmacked by the sound with labs. Either of the stacking configurations would be OK below.

Edited by biotec - 21 August 2008 at 4:55pm
me so horny, me love you long throw.
guillaume03 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guillaume03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2008 at 4:54am
thanks a lot for the advice and the compliments! i can't wait to hear the soundsystem when it was finished! first, i will hear it with 6 usb and 4 mt 122, and, if it doesn't satisfy me (especially with a lot of people ...or if i think there is not enough infrabass), i will build some cabs to go under the usb, maybe labs...but which kind of driver are in those cabs?18" 15" 12" ?i was thinking of x1 letterbox, maybe the labs are better with the rest of the rig than x1?but it's not the problem for the moment...let's go building...!
lemonjelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lemonjelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 6:45pm
the lab sub i believe is loaded with 12'', jus for reference
Jake_Fielder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake_Fielder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 7:10pm
2x 12" Eminence Lab12,

They sound very deep, clean and loud
Saul View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by Tekasis Tekasis wrote:

By the way, your english seems very good! Only spotted 2 very small mistakes on a couple words... 

phuture = future
recommanded = recommended

Only noted so you know next time. Cheers.

no, i think he really meant phuture...... WinkWinkWink

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>