Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

sb1000 eaw

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
saintzoilus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintzoilus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: sb1000 eaw
    Posted: 17 November 2017 at 1:26pm
Anybody?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintzoilus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2017 at 4:22am
Originally posted by smitske96 smitske96 wrote:

That's why I said "measure and adjus weare needed". Why copy a existing desing?(alright there are some old designs available, but they are out of production)
I like Tom danley's designs, but copyimg them is just wrong.

Why is it wrong if I'm not selling the cab or profiting from it?

I'm pretty confused why you guys are so verse using already available designs that are out of production, there are so many of them in so many variable configurations its doubtful that anything anyone makes is orginal anyways.

I mean look at the ookpik sw218-c, most folks say "thats a eaw sb1000" but if you "actually" look at it, you'll clearly see the center port doesn't exist on the sw218 while it does exist on the sb1000. But both you and me look at the design and think it looks damn close to a eaw sb1000.

So why bother building something that might be crap when you can build something proven to not be?

I mean just cuz your down to waste money exparamenting doesn't mean that I have to be as well.
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2017 at 3:03am
That's why I said "measure and adjus weare needed". Why copy a existing desing?(alright there are some old designs available, but they are out of production)
I like Tom danley's designs, but copyimg them is just wrong.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintzoilus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2017 at 2:55am
Originally posted by smitske96 smitske96 wrote:

Why not test it yourself? Simulate it as a reflex cab. Measure and ,adjust were needed Wink

Simulations often don't match up with reality is why.

I just finished reading through a thread where the guy had to redesign things based upon sound due to how wrong the programmed simulations where in real world terms of sounding.

I'd rather build something "known" to be good instead of just doing whatever and hope'n for the best, I want something already tested in otherwords.
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2017 at 11:13pm
Why not test it yourself? Simulate it as a reflex cab. Measure and ,adjust were needed Wink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintzoilus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2017 at 11:04pm
Sorry to necromance a post here...

But did anyone find legitimate plans aside of the sw-218 knockoff plans?

I'm debating following those plans till it comes to the center port, then following the above video by visually guessing how long the port is by watching the video... but I'd feel a whole lot better with exact measurements if any of you went forward with this.
microsound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote microsound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2016 at 2:31pm
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2016 at 10:43am
Er, if you can actually work the tools to build it, then you should be able to ascertain the design from the info and photos published - it's just a dual reflex box after all and the outer dimensions are clearly visible, the cone is an 18" one so you should be able to calculate port sizes and angles back from that and the drawings they supplied.

Or you could just build your own design.
Shawnondrums View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawnondrums Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2016 at 5:03am
Did anyone ever get the actual plans for the SB-1000??
I'm looking for them too.
sirck50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirck50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2013 at 3:41pm
cool thanks for the info.
Hello!!!
bently34 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bently34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2013 at 2:54pm
True, it's not the EAWSB1000 but it come very close in size & measurements, if you have an internal volume calculator, you can use the measurements given and calculate the port length for two ports instead of four. Hopefully this helps! Star 

P.S... can't help but notice you're from trinidad, because i'm trinidadian.. and well, we've got a thing for big ass sound. The SB's in my opinion would be great for trucks, and bazaars. Everyone and their mudda has built the SB850 with the combination of the KF850. Due to it's height, you can only stack the KF850's on the SB's. With the SB1000's you can stack twice as many boxes, and have a manageable height to place your mid/hi's on them. For example:

----KF850----
----SB1000----
----SB1000----

The SB1000 stands at 21" tall
& The KF850 stands at 42" tall.. twice the height.

Not saying that one is better than the other, but to put it in practical terms, we are trinidadian, bass runs through our veins! You can most likely get the best out of the 1000's should you decide to make them by using DSP.. like the dbx drive rack, or EAW's UX8800 if it's affordable. 

sirck50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirck50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2011 at 12:55pm
^^I should point out to you that that this is NOT an EAW SB1000 enclosure.
Hello!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>