Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Punisher and X-tro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Punisher II

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Contour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Punisher II
    Posted: 24 May 2005 at 6:37am

Since the introduction of the Punisher horn Ciare has developed a new model 12.00SW driver with even more powerhandling than the 2004 model. But this is at the expense of extra depth of the chassis. When mounting the 2005 model in the Punisher there is very little clearance behind the magnet vent.

With a few days there will be an new set of plans available on www.speakerstore.nl for the new Punisher II design which is designed for the Caire 12.00SW 2005 version.

Best regards,

Walt

Mircea Bartic View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mircea Bartic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 6:59am

that's just great

awaiting plans

general manager & head designer at nexus-acoustics research
http://www.facebook.com/nexus.acoustics.research

Ex Nexus_3
Contour View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Contour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 7:44am

Well, I think this was something I actually had to do. The Ciare 12.00SW 2004 version fits in the Punisher I quite well. But the 2005 version has a deeper frame so that way it became a very tight fit with little room behind the magnet vent.

The Punisher II has solved this problem. Also I changed a few other small things such as an extra reinforcement panel in the backchamber nose.

Best regards,

Walt

Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mircea Bartic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 7:50am

will there be some CAD plans to help us cut the Plywood easier, and with more precision?

how many people would a system with 2 punisher + 1 X-tro / side cover?

Don't forget to take into account the grill & foam that must fit onto the front of the cabinet, because the first plans didn't.

Ex Nexus_3
Lyndon A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyndon A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 9:09am
How many watts RMS will the new 2005 driver take?  Fingers crossed we will start building ours soon.
Contour View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Contour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 10:13am

Hello,

In the new plans for the Punisher I again did not plan for a grill and foam. I wanted to keep the outer dimensions of the Punisher the same. In fact the changes to the Punisher I are small. They are detail improvements needed for the Ciare model 2005 driver.

A system with 2x Punisher + 1x X-tro would cover up to 400-500 people. But that all depend on how loud you need the music to be.

For the 2005 driver mounted in the Punisher I still think 1500W is about as optimal as it can get. It should be enough to really move the Ciare cone. If you put in even more power most of that will turn into heat. Just as with the LAB-horn LAB-12 drivers there comes a point where they simply just start to fall apart.

Best regards,

Walt

Jez_Ultra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jez_Ultra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 4:47pm
hey Nexus_3 just add whatever you want to the depth of the sides, bottom and top panels to allow for a grill etc.  Its hardly rocket science.

Edited by Jez_Ultra
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mircea Bartic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 5:03pm

I already know that, but I was thinking of other people who will only find that out when thay have assembled the box

I am not mentally challenged, and I have the papers to proove it

might have problems on the long term dough, because of sustained exposure to extreme amounts of bass  => Braindamage

Edited by Nexus_3

Ex Nexus_3
Contour View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Contour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 6:15pm

Plans for Punisher II are ready:

http://www.speakerstore.nl/index.php?l=nl&pg=11&c=21

Best regards,

Walt

efreak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote efreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 10:11pm

thanks Walt, I have finished 2 punishers already and plan to start building 2 more tomorrow. Thank you for your hard work on the punisher. Its is an awsome horn and i cant wait to hear my stack of 4 once finished :)

a.j

Contour View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Contour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2005 at 5:11am

Hello Efreak,

The effect of two punishers stacked compared to a single one is large. Also going from 2 to 4 is a big difference. You really notice the coupling effect.

Please use the new set of construction drawings as can be found at the www.speakerstore.nl site. I don't know if you are using Ciare 2005 or 2004 driver but with an eye on the future (if you might ever need to install a new driver) it would be wise to build the Punisher II version. Outer dimensions are all the same. There is some difference in horn mouth however so you cabinets will look a bit different. Punisher II will allow for a somewhat better cooling of the Ciare driver due to a little more free space behind the magnet vent.

The 2004 12.00SW version has a 4 spoke basket

The 2005 12.00SW version has a 8 spoke basket

Pictures of both driver can be seen on the speakerstore site.

Best regards,

Walt

efreak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote efreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2005 at 3:15pm

Yes i have the 2005 model Ciare. I built the first 2 punishers from the original Punisher design therefore i may also build the next 2 from the same design so they will be the same, when stacked in 4. I also have the Cad plans for the first design which makes the build easy. Maybe i will build 4 more punisher II as soon as the cad plans become available!!

When i stack my first 2 punisher horns together they sound very nice. This is why i must build another 2.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>