FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

<<:::::: Show off your Funktion-One ::::::>>

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 69>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
boots-hifi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: <<:::::: Show off your Funktion-One ::::::>>
    Posted: 09 November 2018 at 10:35pm

A little bit of my F1 used for a wedding recently with AVLee. 

Combe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Combe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2015 at 8:21pm
Transformer 

discosucks View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote discosucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2015 at 7:42pm
simo69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simo69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2015 at 10:41am
I HAVE SETUP THIS PAGE ON FB, THOUGHT IT WOULD BE NICE TO USE TO GET HOLD OF SECONDHAND F1 & OLD TURBO WITHOUT HAVING TO PAY FEES !!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/789783417757048/?pnref=story

Smile

Edited by simo69 - 03 May 2015 at 10:42am
Audiowall Systems View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Audiowall Systems Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2015 at 10:19am
You are right, you don't make random EQ changes. When I tried the PEQ settings for the W8C on the R5, this was experimenting in the warehouse to see what it sounded like. A 3dB boost at 12kHz sounds good on the W8C, so I thought I would try it on the R5. It didn't sound good on the R5.

I never said they are magic or break the laws of physics but in my experience, I have not needed to apply any EQ for room corrections. Maybe I have not used the system in enough different rooms.
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2015 at 1:33am
Using a graphic for room compensation? I wouldn't be so sure. If it's all you have available then fair enough but you already said you have a processor. You also don't just make EQ changes randomly, it's guided by measurement and known test tracks surely?

As has been said already, they may be narrow dispersion boxes with a nice midrange horn but they're not magic and don't break the laws of physics.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote discosucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2015 at 9:56pm
Interesting !

I follow you guys in facebook and see you do lots of big stuff so I take your word as people who know what your talking about :) 
Audiowall Systems View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Audiowall Systems Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2015 at 7:46pm
We run Funktion-One Res5 and F121 with no EQ. The processor has no PEQ settings at all for the outputs. Just time alignment and crossover filters.

We don't run any graphic on the main output either. When we first started using Funktion-One rigs, we used to take a BSS FCS-960 31-band Graphic to correct for the room acoustics as you normally would with any system. I found I didn't need to use the graphic and these days I don't even bother taking a graphic for the FOH rig if we are using the Funktion-One.

Resolution 5 have very tightly controlled dispersion of 25°H x 20°V, so if the box's are pointing at the audience (with the help of the tilt boards) then the direct to reflected sound ratio is very good. As the sound is not exciting the room so much and you are getting much more direct sound, so you don't need to EQ for the room.

We also have a Martin Wavefront rig and that sounds great with the manufacturers reccomended PEQ settings, I have tried a similar EQ on the R5 to see if it sounded good and it sounded distorted. As soon as I applied a boost in the top end frequencies, I could hear a smearing of the frequencies across the whole frequency band that the EQ was effecting. The Funktion-One rig sounds best without any EQ on the processor outputs.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote discosucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2015 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by bass*en*mass bass*en*mass wrote:

Ohh, i dont EQ, its all beeing done on the LMS.. ;)

An EQ wont help much with time aligning..
You need to set delays, possibly polarity changes of 180° or lower, allpass filters help to apply phase changes to a certain bandwidth, notch filters can reduce room or cabs resonances etc. etc.

take it as BS, any system needs correction according to circumstances ;)

but wouldnt you need to eq thee pass to make it flat for alignment? 
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2015 at 5:18pm
oh wow...

that's really something.
4D View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2015 at 4:06pm

Far-canada

DMZ. "The bass was intense. Girls were literally running up to stand next to the subs"
bass*en*mass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2015 at 8:19pm
Ohh, i dont EQ, its all beeing done on the LMS.. ;)

An EQ wont help much with time aligning..
You need to set delays, possibly polarity changes of 180° or lower, allpass filters help to apply phase changes to a certain bandwidth, notch filters can reduce room or cabs resonances etc. etc.

take it as BS, any system needs correction according to circumstances ;)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 69>