Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

<<:::::: Show off your Funktion-One ::::::>>

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 69>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simo69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2008 at 12:11pm
Whats what the R1's sound like Steve??
SteveAATW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveAATW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2008 at 3:41pm
Sweet like chocolate
sKs01 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sKs01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2008 at 10:45pm
is that rack of mc2 liftable or not, i know their light but thats an awfull lot of em... install perhaps?
You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself.
chickenfizz View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chickenfizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2008 at 12:24am
6 of those are heavey amps (T series and MC series), the labs and the 'E' amps are the only 'light' ones in that rack, therefore it will be a pretty much unmovable rack.

As a semi-interesting sidenote, I just swapped some amps around in an install, a crest 9001 which was running 2x F218 bins a side went bang (again!) so I have temporarily put an E45 in and the sound is loads better, the bass just sounds loads softer and warmer, the bins even seem like they're going lower now although I'm certain they won't be. I have A-B tested a few different amps on 4x f218s, whilst not as powerfull as the crest or E45 a lab gruppen fP3400 did sound very nice. The worst amp by far that I tried was QSC PLX3402, the amp just couldn't hack it, kept going into protect or reducing the output considerably to protect itself. This amp cannot drive these speakers even several dB below it's rated maximum power at 2R, I'd never want to drive one of these at 2 ohms again after that experience. The crest 9001 is the next worst IMO, they certainly are very powerful but sound 'hard' and 'cold' to me, also they weigh 50kg, generally I like heavey amplifiers but 50kg is ridiculous, I struggle to lift one onto a table myself unracked. You could get 5 x E45s and it'd be a similar weight to a 9001! I haven't tested a crown MA 500*VZ but I'd very much like to. Sometime I'll probably try an Infinite 8 v2 too as I have a friend with one.

Sorry for the slight thread hijacking I got carried away!
SteveAATW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveAATW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2008 at 5:52am
Originally posted by sKs01 sKs01 wrote:

is that rack of mc2 liftable or not, i know their light but thats an awfull lot of em... install perhaps?

It's bolted to the floor and has about 40 fairly taught cables going through holes in the back of the rack and floor into the floor below, your welcome to try though LOL
the smf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the smf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2008 at 8:30am
just noticed the mismatched cdj's in those pics, lol
Caeraphym View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caeraphym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2008 at 12:42pm

Originally posted by the smf the smf wrote:

just noticed the mismatched cdj's in those pics, lol

Wtf?

Two Pioneers, and what looks like a defunct Denon controller is all I see.

Am I being fick, cos if so please help me see the light of your wisdom.

the smf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the smf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2008 at 1:30pm
look closely, cdj1000 mk2 on left,  mk3 on the right
Ben_Lawrance View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben_Lawrance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2008 at 1:35pm
I think it's a tad on the comical side how the picture shows pro gear (F1, D&B, Pioneer, MC2 etc) and is using a Berry DCX.

LOL.
bitcore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitcore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2008 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by Ben_Lawrance Ben_Lawrance wrote:

I think it's a tad on the comical side how the picture shows pro gear (F1, D&B, Pioneer, MC2 etc) and is using a Berry DCX.

We all have our budgets!
sKs01 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sKs01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2008 at 2:55pm
spending the money in the right places is what counts, not just going for the name every time...
You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself.
SteveAATW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveAATW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2008 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by Ben_Lawrance Ben_Lawrance wrote:

LOL.

It's on the DJ monitors - A/B'd it against the 2 DP226's and DP6i that are running the rest of the rig and you can't hear any difference Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 69>