Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Feedback Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2x18 manifold box

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luc2366 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2006 at 9:52am
"the Deltamax clones from SSE will work well whiad DAS G45"
 I'm very sorry: I heard them loaded with D.A.S and it sounded like sh*t...

"The idea, that it works only with EV's drivers and setups are totally wrong!"
Correct, I use Beyma-drivers and a DCX-2496 and my (8) cabs sound great

Here you can find some pics:

Bye the way, I know Nikki van den Bosch - he's also from Belgium. He's MTL-2's loaded with Eminence (and also using a DCX-2496) sound great!
Hugo Biermann View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugo Biermann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2006 at 11:14am
Have used OEM, eminence and p-audio loaded MTL2's. With anything from utradrives, Driveracks to the ev processors. 40Hz - 80 / 85HZ without EQ. Theyre loud and for some reason throw quite far outside. They take plaster off walls in club setups too... f**k them with power though. 
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugo Biermann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2006 at 11:17am
And I have seen a LOT of half MTL2's that rock parties into jail almost. With normal analogue x-overs. Theyre great boxes. Build them if you want. They can be heavy on yr back though...
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugo Biermann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2006 at 11:34am
Heres the plan of the 'half MTL2' thats going around here. The get loaded with all sorts of 18's. the most common ones are:
Eminence Omega 18's & Kappa 18's
P-Audio C18-650's & E18-400s'

All depends on yr amplifiers and applications. They all sound gret too. Don't try to model them either. It doesnt work. f**k knows why, but the boxes work...

simo69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simo69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2006 at 4:01am
Does anyone have a photograph of the finished item?
Is there another angle to this drawing??
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugo Biermann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2006 at 5:12pm
Thats what I got off an emty cab with a tape-measure. Will try and ge a photo of 1 when I see 1 again.

If you want a different angle, turn the left-hand side square 90deg to the right and then u have the position the box is supposed to be in when you play it.

simo69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simo69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2006 at 4:43am

what is the overall 2x18" sizes.

simo69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simo69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2006 at 4:43am
what is the 2x18 dimensions
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugo Biermann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2006 at 3:47pm
luc2366 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luc2366 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2006 at 4:30pm
MARTYNJONHALL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MARTYNJONHALL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2007 at 4:07pm
these cabs look great anybody got some detailed plans for them??

vertigo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vertigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2007 at 2:23pm
I'm interested in building these too, any plans? The speakerstore link only has a picture.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>