Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > 1850 and 186 horns
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

186 Cutlist.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wafflesomd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 186 Cutlist.
    Posted: 14 October 2008 at 10:48pm
So does anyone have a cutlist for them?....

Just kidding.

I went ahead and drew one out today.  It's probably not the most efficient cut list, but it's what I'll be using.  The list is for four cabinets.  I don't see the point in building any less.

I've labeled the pieces with letters that correspond with a picture I've included.

http://www.mediafire.com/?0oqwziixmwi

Edited by wafflesomd - 14 October 2008 at 10:49pm
breakdabeat pete View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote breakdabeat pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2008 at 10:53pm
it might seem silly but i usually draw out a 8' by 4' grid on a bit of paper then cut out all the pieces of wood on paper to scale
then just play around
saves rubbing out all the time
٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
Sinfinity View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sinfinity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2008 at 11:02pm
Or try

http://www.delphiforfun.org/programs/cutlist.htm

had a play with it two days ago. Seems to work. Free download.
Should probably have done this before building my cabs. Might have saved some ply.
Matt at ukamp dot co dot uk
wafflesomd View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wafflesomd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2008 at 11:28pm
Wow.

Well, you can either use my drawings, or use the software which should give you considerably better results.

With all the "cutlist plz" threads, why hasn't anyone said anything about that software...
Sinfinity View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sinfinity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2008 at 11:55pm
Someone mentioned downloading software for cutlist on another thread, so i went for a hunt.
Was easy to find, seems to work. However have not fully tested it so cant verify it does exactly what it says on the tin, however, fair amount of useful info on site before downloading.
Wafflesound, see if it come up with same solution as your cutlist ?

Matt at ukamp dot co dot uk
wafflesomd View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wafflesomd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2008 at 12:06am
I just used it and it's awesome.  It will calculate the best possible solution to eliminate waste as well as other things.

I only tried it with one 186.  Gonna try four and see how close I came.

"there are over 1,000,000,000 possible solutions, will now check the first million"

I'm going to be here awhile.

It finished.

Turns out my cut list is better.  I didn't take into account braces in either the software or my cutlist.   In my plans cutlist, you would need 7 sheets, and end up with a whole half sheet 4x4' to make braces.  With the software,  it also had leftover scraps, but in smaller more spread out pieces.  I'm still going to go off the software though.  Some of the cuts in my cutlist would just be impossible.

Edited by wafflesomd - 15 October 2008 at 12:43am
 Post Reply Post Reply