Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Super Bass Horn V.02 by Startec (Quad Acoustics-F)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Super Bass Horn V.02 by Startec (Quad Acoustics-F)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3839404142 46>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
davey t View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davey t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2008 at 12:30pm
Horn looks lovely. However, I immediately see the you have placed a 180degree fold at the end of the horn. I remember tom danley talking about the best ways of folding horns and that you should try to keep bends to 90degrees or less. He said that if you must put a 180deg fold in it, then place it at the start of the horn where the dimensions are small.

I belive this will limit the upper frequency response of the cab.

just my observation.

Edited by davey t - 20 November 2008 at 12:30pm
Minirig portable soundsystem movement
_djk_ View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _djk_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2008 at 2:09am
That's peak-to-peak, 20mm one way.
djk
login4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote login4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2008 at 7:39pm
Xmax 40.4 mm, cant wait Big smile 
CELTIC SUBSONIC SOUND SYSTEMS
Deadbeat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Deadbeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2008 at 10:43am
I sent off a mail and they'll be released sometime soon at one of the shows (NAMM, CES?)

They're in production but only available atm to OEM and potential distros.

You can contact them for preliminary pricing guides.
Away on extended leave.
_djk_ View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _djk_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2008 at 10:02am
Yes, they look nice.

I wonder when there will be product to buy?

djk
Deadbeat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deadbeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2008 at 12:43pm
Okay then. I just heard that they were direct replacements and purchased a pair to use with older gear that *might* require nonexistant recones.

Have you heard of PASUB? It's where Dan Wiggins has disappeared off to. Looks very nice Smile
Away on extended leave.
_djk_ View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _djk_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2008 at 12:16am
That one is an XBL^2 with 30mm x-max!
djk
Deadbeat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deadbeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2008 at 8:16pm
Forgot about those Embarrassed

CSS's drivers are matches for the old Adire ones? Are they upgraded in any way? I've used some.
Away on extended leave.
_djk_ View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _djk_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2008 at 12:28am
djk
Deadbeat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deadbeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2008 at 10:18pm
Maybe try finding a driver with similar parameters to the Tempest - details available at the Adire library.

Same size would be a good start. Wink
Away on extended leave.
Niila View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Niila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2008 at 10:11pm
What woofer would best suit the Bill woods Tempest horn (the last plan shown)? The same rcf as the superbasshorn?
_djk_ View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _djk_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2008 at 11:04am
Just the one above (I think).
djk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3839404142 46>