Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Super Bass Horn V.02 by Startec (Quad Acoustics-F)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Super Bass Horn V.02 by Startec (Quad Acoustics-F)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 46>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
geritass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geritass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2019 at 1:39am
Hi everyhone, 
I'm looking at the RCF LF18N401  Thiele small, and are  very, very  close to the B&C 18NW100
Can I Use the B&C 18NW100 on this cab with Same results? 
regards.
Hi everybody
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2018 at 8:43pm
zakharding View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zakharding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2018 at 6:45pm
Very late to the party but like the look of these cabs and very interested in attempting to build some myself, has anyone got a full set of plans and possibly even a cut list?
cheers
bobbyd93 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobbyd93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2018 at 10:20pm
PD1850's
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2018 at 2:24pm
Would help if you said what drivers you've got in the SBH's.
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
bobbyd93 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobbyd93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2018 at 10:18am
Does anyone know how much voltage the SBH cab can take? Wanting to setup limiters for a Powersoft K10 (3x SBH per side). Anyone have any presets? PD1850 loaded, thanks in advance..

Edited by bobbyd93 - 13 November 2018 at 10:21pm
Noizyboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noizyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2018 at 11:49am
are you able to send me plans for the sbh, I'm building one as a project in school but I'm being thrown off by all the different measurements 
rosssss224 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosssss224 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2017 at 10:00am
Currently got the wheels in motion to replace out 4no. cubo 15's loaded with kappa LF's with 2no. SBH with pd1850. driven by proline 3000.

Other than dropping lower can anyone comment on how big a difference we might expect? I'd expect much improved SPL or am I expecting too much and should hold out for 4 SBH?

thanks
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2017 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by Quadradub Quadradub wrote:

Originally posted by mykey mykey wrote:

Originally posted by biotec biotec wrote:

Originally posted by Deadbeat Deadbeat wrote:

Is there a reason for that tantalising pic of the Terra Horn bitoec?

For comparisson I suppose, I hope it didn't come accross as showing off. There's only so many ways to fold a 3m+ horn into a reasonable shaped box and it's suprising how different this new design is. The Terra horn follows the same folding pattern as the EM Quake and the Lab Horn really whereas this design is an innovative extension of the 1850 style S-bin fold.

The fact that the driver is loaded from the front in this design limits the throat arrangements you can have. I never had any problems with this style of loading in the 1850 horns when I had them but I have a preference for the style of throat used in the ASS folded horns (BS1200, etc) and the punisher where the driver is firing onto a parallel plate and the expansion is the the other plane for the initial section. The terra horns are a kind of combination of the two.

Opus get around the uneven loading caused by the throat arrangement in this new design by putting a weird shaped bulge on the access panel. Perhaps the designer of this cab could esperiment with this to reduce the front chamber volume and even up the loading?

really? thats interesting
The EM hasn't got that empty void inside the cab though has it?Confused

Still loving that Terra Horn, still my favourite

have you or minimaxil got a 1w1m spl graph we can look at for the Terra horn?

have you heard the EM quake Biotec, if so how do you compare it to the Terra Horn?

Someone has a plan for the Tera Horn and it is possible to share it with me? Bless you!

Yeah, speak to Al at Meta http://www.metaacoustics.com/terra.html

Quadradub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quadradub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2017 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by mykey mykey wrote:

Originally posted by biotec biotec wrote:

Originally posted by Deadbeat Deadbeat wrote:

Is there a reason for that tantalising pic of the Terra Horn bitoec?

For comparisson I suppose, I hope it didn't come accross as showing off. There's only so many ways to fold a 3m+ horn into a reasonable shaped box and it's suprising how different this new design is. The Terra horn follows the same folding pattern as the EM Quake and the Lab Horn really whereas this design is an innovative extension of the 1850 style S-bin fold.

The fact that the driver is loaded from the front in this design limits the throat arrangements you can have. I never had any problems with this style of loading in the 1850 horns when I had them but I have a preference for the style of throat used in the ASS folded horns (BS1200, etc) and the punisher where the driver is firing onto a parallel plate and the expansion is the the other plane for the initial section. The terra horns are a kind of combination of the two.

Opus get around the uneven loading caused by the throat arrangement in this new design by putting a weird shaped bulge on the access panel. Perhaps the designer of this cab could esperiment with this to reduce the front chamber volume and even up the loading?

really? thats interesting
The EM hasn't got that empty void inside the cab though has it?Confused

Still loving that Terra Horn, still my favourite

have you or minimaxil got a 1w1m spl graph we can look at for the Terra horn?

have you heard the EM quake Biotec, if so how do you compare it to the Terra Horn?

Someone has a plan for the Tera Horn and it is possible to share it with me? Bless you!
Quadradub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quadradub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2017 at 2:39pm
Bless you my friend i'm looking forward to get my hands on that pdf file that you linked on your first post with the SBH plan. Can you re-upload it please? 
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2017 at 1:32pm
Then I also have some questions to add to the confusion, two things I've never really understood:

Phantom horn:
When is this being accounted for, I thought hornresp would do so itself doing a sim halfspace, but the invader sim I think includes the phantom horn. Is it automatically in hornresp sim?
https://forum.speakerplans.com/2x18-meatgrinder-v2-done_topic29174_page13.html

Manifold horn:
On some threads it's simulted like two horns shraring the full area of the joint part of the horn, others simulate splitting the joint part of horn, that then has negative expansion, i guess it should be one step down in Pi then?

Edited by tv00 - 06 October 2017 at 1:38pm
www.facebook.com/babysoundsystem
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 46>