Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Roots n Culture Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Naphon HI-1400 Amp Rumours/Conspiracy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sKs01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2008 at 8:53pm
proline and a PA 18 in my racks no qualms here the PA18 had done 4 years of work before i even got my hands on it and ive never had an issue
You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself.
Deadbeat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deadbeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2008 at 8:58pm
Tested and proven by experience....that generalisations haunt you, and give you a good kick up the arse.

I've had my fair share of crappy amps and good ones. It depends on the company and amp in question. Bloody minefield.
Away on extended leave.
Dub Defector View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dub Defector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2008 at 12:06pm
so, has anyone actually run one of these yet?

Any feedback on running 4 x 1850 loaded scoops (or similar) from the HI-1400?
Rough Every Time... http://www.dubselector.co.uk
tweeter box View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2008 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by levyte357 levyte357 wrote:

Originally posted by Dub Defector Dub Defector wrote:

i'd be very interested in any test results.. keep us posted Big smile

Someone on the forum has done some "measuring" of the Nathon into a dummy load..Wink

I will be testing 2x1850 scoops per channel soon. Got the drivers, scoops and amp, just gotta stop chilling out on saturdays, and get it done... LOL

what were the results?

RiddimKid View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RiddimKid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2008 at 6:18pm

True Vibes run 2 Turbomaxx loaded scoops a side at carnival.. They were running 8 scoops across 2 amps.

It was very hard to breath LOLLOL

These will handle 2 1850's a side no problem i say, Im sure Lev, Tek and others will agree Wink
ychole audio View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ychole audio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2008 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by Xmax extreme Xmax extreme wrote:

Im a little bit off topic but.... just wanted to share my experience on these Chinese amps. These were two different rebranded Chinese amps..maybe these came from the most popular and most tough Chinese made or copied amplifier......The SOUNDSTANDARDS... like the MA and CA series they were the mostly used here...

Based on my personal experience, they were really worth for the investment considering they were much cheaper to those branded amps. They hit the road more often, mostly in city and town fiestas, open area discos from dusk till dawn... its very common in our place. So far they gave me NO Headache at all... been exposed to heat, dust and rain moist but only accumulated dust will give me some work to do. And for more than 4 years now...they were still playing out heavy and loud....

for those who wanted to try,,,, go for it!... try once, then try many if you prove it that critics are wrong....LOL 

How much in philippine currency is the price for the CA20?Thanks. 

I am ZERIEL'S dad!!!
Dub Defector View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dub Defector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2008 at 9:02am
Originally posted by RiddimKid RiddimKid wrote:

True Vibes run 2 Turbomaxx loaded scoops a side at carnival.. They were running 8 scoops across 2 amps.

It was very hard to breath LOLLOL

These will handle 2 1850's a side no problem i say, Im sure Lev, Tek and others will agree Wink

Thats pretty impressive stuff. Shocked

Wonder how long they are going to last Confused, but i guess at that money it doesn't really matter Big smile

any other comments?
Rough Every Time... http://www.dubselector.co.uk
RENSAAB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RENSAAB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2008 at 1:44pm

I've bench tested the HI-1400 and heard them drive PD1850's/Turbomax's and for less than the price of a second hand Crest 9001/Crown VZ5000, there's nothing i've head that can beat it.

Not too sure how many have been sold (i've been told loads!) but as far as i know only a couple have gone down (reasons unknown) which to be fair for the price that's not too bad + they come with a very good warranty.

Ren
"The secret of the Scoop, what a wonderful piece of Science" - Tony ASS.

"when the amplifier and voice coil are in complete synchronicity there is magic" - A Well Respected Amp Guru
tweeter box View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2008 at 7:56pm
what kinda warranty do they come with?
bitzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2008 at 12:18pm
There's any service manual of that?
Xmax extreme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xmax extreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2008 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by ychole audio ychole audio wrote:

Originally posted by Xmax extreme Xmax extreme wrote:

Im a little bit off topic but.... just wanted to share my experience on these Chinese amps. These were two different rebranded Chinese amps..maybe these came from the most popular and most tough Chinese made or copied amplifier......The SOUNDSTANDARDS... like the MA and CA series they were the mostly used here...

Based on my personal experience, they were really worth for the investment considering they were much cheaper to those branded amps. They hit the road more often, mostly in city and town fiestas, open area discos from dusk till dawn... its very common in our place. So far they gave me NO Headache at all... been exposed to heat, dust and rain moist but only accumulated dust will give me some work to do. And for more than 4 years now...they were still playing out heavy and loud....

for those who wanted to try,,,, go for it!... try once, then try many if you prove it that critics are wrong....LOL 

How much in philippine currency is the price for the CA20?Thanks. 

mate sorry for the late reply... i get mine back then at only USD 480

Edited by Xmax extreme - 05 November 2008 at 12:32pm
Maximum Excursion

Don't criticize your own competition, it looks like a publicity of your own commercial products.
Xmax extreme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xmax extreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2008 at 12:46pm

I have 2 pcs of these coming before christmas... i little cheaper than the price of CA20 above. But i'll be the one to pay for the shipment, overall still cheap. Has 32pcs output transistors per channel

Detailed Product Description 
SPECIFICATIONS
ModelPA1.3
Output 8 Ohms 1KHz0.1% THD stereo Mode:  2 x 1300W
Output 4 Ohms 1KHz0.1% THD stereo Mode:  2 x 2000W
Output 2 Ohms 1KHz0.1% THD stereo Mode: 2 x 2700W
Output 8 Ohms 1KHz0.1% THD Bridged Mode: 4000W
Output 4 Ohms 1KHz0.1% THD Bridged Mode: 5400W
Signal / noise:  120dB
Slew Rate:  80v/μs
Damping factor:  680:1
Fuse:  T25A
Power Supply:  220V 50/60Hz 
Frequency Response @1 Watt into 8 Ohm:  ±0.1dB, 20Hz -20kHz
THD+N:  ≤0.01% @ 8Ω1kHz
IMD:  ≤0.01% @ 8Ω at rate output
Input Impedance:  30k Ohm Balanced or15k Ohm Unbalanced 
Crosstalk at Rated Output 8 Ohms 1kHz:  ≤-70dB
Imput CMRR:  ≤-75dB
Indicators:  Signal, Protect, Clip, Limited
Net Weight:  44kgs
Dimensions:(mm)  483W x 510D x 132H

Edited by Xmax extreme - 05 November 2008 at 12:50pm
Maximum Excursion

Don't criticize your own competition, it looks like a publicity of your own commercial products.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>