Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

H/R118 by Startec

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wafflesomd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2008 at 5:31am
I was hoping these would be a nice cabinet to use over the 186, but not for me.

186 doesn't go as low, but there's no way I could move four of those ported horns by myself every gig.
Sibulus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sibulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2008 at 11:50am
Originally posted by Deadbeat Deadbeat wrote:

No need to be so afrontive about it - just wondering exactly where this great stuff comes from, that's all.

Language barrier I think mate. Wink
dj-panoramix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj-panoramix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2008 at 11:05am
Originally posted by Sibulus Sibulus wrote:

Originally posted by Deadbeat Deadbeat wrote:

No need to be so afrontive about it - just wondering exactly where this great stuff comes from, that's all.

Language barrier I think mate. Wink

exactly , i just try to answer with my bad english sorry !!

Deadbeat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deadbeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2008 at 2:08pm
Nah it's fine - tell this mister Startec to keep up the good work.
Away on extended leave.
heinrich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heinrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2008 at 2:32am
actually this is a very close contender to martin's WLX as far as this thread is concerned:

http://www.speakerplans.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=18252

and it's size is 90% - 95% near to this:

http://www.martin-audio.com/tourandprof/wlx.html

Edited by heinrich - 23 October 2008 at 2:40am
.....power is nothing without control....
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2008 at 12:01pm
looks great!

My only query is, the rear of the driver is facing straight towards the port exit

didn't read through it all, but has anyone bulit this?

if you're going to build this, I would suggest maybe putting a piece of wood in marked red?

[URL=http://g.imageshack.us/img508

Edited by mykey - 24 October 2008 at 12:20pm
Xmax extreme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xmax extreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2008 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by mykey mykey wrote:

looks great!

My only query is, the rear of the driver is facing straight towards the port exit

didn't read through it all, but has anyone bulit this?

if you're going to build this, I would suggest maybe putting a piece of wood in marked red?

This has a similar design, or maybe a revision on this. the thread below, maybe you could give us some idea as to the effect of the additional piece of wood. maybe slower down the velocity of the moving air?

http://www.speakerplans.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=20718

Maximum Excursion

Don't criticize your own competition, it looks like a publicity of your own commercial products.
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2008 at 1:03pm
Yes, it would be nice if the air saw the rest of the chamber before it leftLOL, I've always used the idea that if the cone can't directly see the exit of the port in a design like this, the better it is

not to bad if its port tubes, say directly behind a driver, but not a labrynth port like this

I put a reflective panel in the XXL around the port area for this reason  

Edited by mykey - 25 October 2008 at 4:02pm
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2008 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by _djk_ _djk_ wrote:

Looks very well thought out, and I like the even cone loading.
it's the same loading as the Xtro, contour stylee 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xmax extreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2008 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by mykey mykey wrote:

Yes, it would be nice if the air ssaw the rest of the chmaber before it left, I've always used the idea that if the cone can't directly see the exit of the port in a design like this, the better it is

not to bad if its port tubes, say directly behind a driver, but not a labrynth port like this

Got the pointThumbs Up.... a reason why Martin WLX uses  two rounded ports...
Maximum Excursion

Don't criticize your own competition, it looks like a publicity of your own commercial products.
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2008 at 9:15am

so then, how low would say four of these get?

it looks realy similar to the design amano posted recently too,

Im interested as these seem to be a possible candidate for a relatively cheap sub to go under some slightly unusual hd15's [ie 300w neo drivers, slightly less overall output, a fair bit lighter cheaper and more efficient]

could a design like this do say 30<70hz at moderate power levels?

me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xmax extreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2008 at 9:34am
Originally posted by Markk James Markk James wrote:

so then, how low would say four of these get?

it looks realy similar to the design amano posted recently too,

Im interested as these seem to be a possible candidate for a relatively cheap sub to go under some slightly unusual hd15's [ie 300w neo drivers, slightly less overall output, a fair bit lighter cheaper and more efficient]

could a design like this do say 30<70hz at moderate power levels?

surely this will play lower in a group of 4 per side... so excited to build the first two pair the following week...
Maximum Excursion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>