Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

H/R118 by Startec

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 12>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkmatter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2008 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by Jake_Fielder Jake_Fielder wrote:

@mykey, why wouldnt you want the back of the driver to 'see' the port?

I think mykey's going on the idea that he wants the entire air mass in the rear chamber to be treated as the air mass acting on the port. A direct path from the back of the driver to the port might mess up this relationship, meaning the models and reality would differ. The lpf effect of the rear chamber could also be compromised by a direct path to the port.

Just guessing though!
Deadbeat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deadbeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2008 at 3:43pm
I think it's just a feeling...to verify this, we need an FEA analysis or even data taken from sensors in a rear chamber.

The mass and spring made of air is a relationship that I've found you positively have to work at to screw up...
Away on extended leave.
Xmax extreme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xmax extreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2008 at 3:45pm
Agree on darkmatter... Thumbs Up
Maximum Excursion

Don't criticize your own competition, it looks like a publicity of your own commercial products.
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2008 at 4:58pm
I have tried to simulate the box in hornresp.
It apears that it wont go much lower than 50Hz Confused
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
Deadbeat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deadbeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2008 at 5:03pm
Post your inputs.
Away on extended leave.
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2008 at 6:03pm
I am on another comp now but is something like this.

s1 - 750
s2 - 3600

horn length 160
back ch around 150 lit
front ch around 30 lit

port area around 350cm2
port length 32cm
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
Jake_Fielder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake_Fielder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2008 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by darkmatter darkmatter wrote:

I think mykey's going on the idea that he wants the entire air mass in the rear chamber to be treated as the air mass acting on the port. A direct path from the back of the driver to the port might mess up this relationship, meaning the models and reality would differ. The lpf effect of the rear chamber could also be compromised by a direct path to the port.

Just guessing though!

Originally posted by deadbeat deadbeat wrote:

I think it's just a feeling...to verify this, we need an FEA analysis or even data taken from sensors in a rear chamber.

The mass and spring made of air is a relationship that I've found you positively have to work at to screw up...

I think that because the rear of the cone is cone shaped (obviouslyLOL) it wont 'make' the air fly backwards towards the port, it just creates a positive pressure over all the rear chamber. In my opinion...

If you look through my port Wink (on my ported horns) you can see a bit of the magnet, but none of the cone, so i doubt the cone can 'see' the outside.

Thats just my guess tho, i agree with deadbeat too, that it would need some sort of test to prove or disprove, this is probably tests that noone can be bothered to do, or doesnt have the equipment to test (I certainly cant!)
Deadbeat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deadbeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2008 at 7:05pm
I'll make a sim for this one as well to compare, Marjan. When I get on a PC...have a big backlog of things to do.
Away on extended leave.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xmax extreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2008 at 4:22am

Originally posted by darkmatter darkmatter wrote:

Just guessing though!

Originally posted by deadbeat deadbeat wrote:

I think that because the rear of the cone is cone shaped (obviouslyLOL) it wont 'make' the air fly backwards towards the port, it just creates a positive pressure over all the rear chamber. In my opinion...

If you look through my port Wink (on my ported horns) you can see a bit of the magnet, but none of the cone, so i doubt the cone can 'see' the outside.

Thats just my guess tho, i agree with deadbeat too, that it would need some sort of test to prove or disprove, this is probably tests that noone can be bothered to do, or doesnt have the equipment to test (I certainly cant!)
Very good point there jake..
or lets ask one here who has done a lot of experiments on this type of sub... mykey?Wink please your experience is highly appreciated
Maximum Excursion

Don't criticize your own competition, it looks like a publicity of your own commercial products.
heinrich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heinrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2008 at 5:15am
xmax,

ga gama naka bai?
.....power is nothing without control....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xmax extreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2008 at 5:32am

Bisaya language
Bai musta? Gi una nako order mga drivers baiSmile, 8 kabouk... before christmas ako target na sugod ug buhat bai...mao ni ako driver gamit. 800 watts RMS

English translation
Mate how you doin? i place an order first the drivers my friend, 8 pcs, before christmas will be my target to start building, here's my new driver i'm going to use. 800 watts RMS

Edited by Xmax extreme - 26 November 2008 at 5:34am
Maximum Excursion

heinrich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heinrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2008 at 5:40am
wayt ............what drivers are these .............they look gud

.....power is nothing without control....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 12>