Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > 1850 and 186 horns
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Modified 186 horn build pics - more added 10/06/09
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Modified 186 horn build pics - more added 10/06/09

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Twiggy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twiggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Modified 186 horn build pics - more added 10/06/09
    Posted: 03 November 2014 at 1:20pm
If you can't calculate from decimals to fractions you obviously didn't go to school. They teach that in primary

Edited by Twiggy - 03 November 2014 at 2:20pm
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2014 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by Twiggy Twiggy wrote:

take any metric value and divide by 25.4
and multiple to convert imperial to metric

1" = 25.4mm

Lol

...does your calculator spit it out down to the neatest eight of an inch??

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
Twiggy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twiggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2014 at 6:32pm
take any metric value and divide by 25.4
and multiple to convert imperial to metric

1" = 25.4mm
DJ BobbyT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ BobbyT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2014 at 2:14pm
Thank you Keen,i saw the plans but I needed the numbers finaly got them and they were in metric.i don't know how to convert them.i found a converter so wish me luck starting on Monday morning I realy want these Horns.i'm putting (SA New Madrid 18"in them.now I need a lessexpencive Crossover to put in them.so thanks again mate.i will be on the radio this morning talking into aus this morning.(KJ4ZFM)Florida U.S.A.     THANKS
Keen View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2014 at 9:52am
Bobby you need to get some more points before you can pm Wrighty, something like 10 points.

But you don't really need drawings from him. He has simply taken 100mm off the height, the plan is otherwise identical and can be found here http://www.speakerplans.com/index.php?id=186horn

hth
DJ BobbyT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ BobbyT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2014 at 9:29pm
just had to post this also::I Am a member of QRZ.COM. Yes I Do operate a Ham Radio Anyone out there can contact me on <;;Southcars.com saterdays also we have a alstraila net there also.
DJ BobbyT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ BobbyT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2014 at 9:24pm
Hello there my name is Robert,I'm In the U.S.A. And in need  someone to help me if possible.i have in mt favorites folder the pictures of the 186 horns done By Wrighty don't know who he is but I very much would like for him to give me some numbers for the horns he made.they aare just what I am looking for to Build.Today is November the first 2014 at 5:30 PM Eastern time.please can someone please help me contact him please thank you a new Member here hope to learn some good things here.thank you.
grazzeee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grazzeee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2012 at 9:21am
looking at those pictures made me a little bet wet. :/
budzilla08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budzilla08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2012 at 8:45am
Originally posted by levyte357 levyte357 wrote:

Originally posted by Wrighty Wrighty wrote:

Modifications:

- Made them 100mm narrower so I can fit 4 in my store.

You do know, you have now reduced the chamber size and Horn mouth.Shocked

Was hoping "modified" meant slightly deeper, slightly taller.

what wud this of achieved?
Wrighty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrighty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2012 at 1:52pm
None showing the horns, unfortunately. I'll have to get them out and take some! Here are a couple of the rig at a festival a few years ago. The horn loaded tops are on top of single reflex-loaded 15" subs, which I was crossing over to use as low mids instead (around 110-400Hz).

ALL YOUR BASS ARE BELONG TO US.
Laurin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laurin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2012 at 7:13am
Any pics of your hornloaded tops?
Keen View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2012 at 11:47am
Yeah I hear ya Wrighty! Nice one! 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>