Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Plan Requests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Martin WLX Plan request

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bespoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2008 at 3:54am
Originally posted by mykey mykey wrote:

This is a current design, Naughty! naughty! bit out of order my friend

Give me a Brazilain pounds and I'll give you the plans to something better

Plots ? Driver ?
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2008 at 4:55am
Originally posted by ceharden ceharden wrote:

Mykey, just seen that pic and noticed you've got rid of the silly little central port on the Brute45 and stuck some proper sized ones in it! Tongue

Thats always been like that, the drawing before was to FOOL the Chinese
I must stop being paranoid LOL

I'll put up the original sketch in a min

I put the Arrows in for  AUDIO INTIMIDATION'S SAKE LOL

think that was up for long enoughSmile

Edited by mykey - 26 November 2008 at 6:27am
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2008 at 4:58am

you show me your's bespoke! and i'll show you mine!

I don't want to say too much about this bin, but to say I was over the moon would be a understatement 

driver is a PDA1651

mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2008 at 5:03am
getting back to the WLX, i keep looking at the specs and find them hard to belive, given the layout of the cab , and its size ETC

does anybody else want to comment on that, Cerharden, centauri , deadbeat, minimaxil, nineleaves anyone?????

Edited by mykey - 26 November 2008 at 11:45am
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2008 at 1:11pm
Can someone explain why a letterbox shape is used rather than simply a circle or smaller diameter than the driver?  surely that would load the driver more evenly.

Also, taking that idea one stage further, has anyone ever made a cab where it has a circular exit from the front chamber, but turned this into a flared port (i'm thinking like a velocity stack on an inlet manifold here) with a view to smoothing the coupling into the main horn.

Or is  this just adding a an unneccessary horn within a horn?
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
Wrighty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrighty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2008 at 1:30pm
The letterbox is effectively the throat and it's easier when building a folded horn to expand from a rectangle than it is from a circle. Some creative fibreglassing might be the answer, but it would have to be very heavily braced and damped to prevent losses and/or resonances due to the high pressures involved at this point in the horn.
ALL YOUR BASS ARE BELONG TO US.
tomschute View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomschute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2008 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by Wrighty Wrighty wrote:

The letterbox is effectively the throat and it's easier when building a folded horn to expand from a rectangle than it is from a circle. Some creative fibreglassing might be the answer, but it would have to be very heavily braced and damped to prevent losses and/or resonances due to the high pressures involved at this point in the horn.

I see what you mean by effectively starting the horn / throat with a square - but as it is in effect suspended and not part of the horn then why not just make it circular?
Out to lunch... stableaudio@hotmail.co.uk
www.stableaudio.co.uk
Speaker Building Services
Wrighty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrighty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2008 at 5:08pm
It's not suspended (if it looks like the WSX plan I saw a while back) - the throat is the rectangular letter box and all expansion takes place from there. To expand from a circular cross section whilst transforming into a rectangular cross section (as you have with a folded horn) is more complex to achieve with plywood.
ALL YOUR BASS ARE BELONG TO US.
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2008 at 5:36pm
the baffle looks like it's supended, but it's not

the horn tapers from the slot
tomschute View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomschute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2008 at 5:41pm
ah, now i get it
Out to lunch... stableaudio@hotmail.co.uk
www.stableaudio.co.uk
Speaker Building Services
Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2008 at 4:24pm
i stil need the wlx plan guys
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2008 at 10:25am
TDA has them, he's built them already, I'm sure I saw some pictures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>