Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Behringer Ultradrive Problems Poll

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 30>
Poll Question: I own/have owned a DCX2496 Ultradrive and it was....
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
14 [4.46%]
11 [3.50%]
13 [4.14%]
184 [58.60%]
44 [14.01%]
48 [15.29%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaKe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2008 at 8:46pm
I have 3 DCX's, dated 2003,2007,and 2008, the newest one is slow to update the screen and am considering sending it back, I have had no trouble with the 2007, the 2003 was bought second hand for £75 (including a pair of XLR-phono XLR-XLR), this one was fryig a full english but a bit of plastic under the output board has sorted it out.
Also on the 2003 the plastic insulator in the ATA card slot was a little melted - looks like the regulators nearby have been running hot, I haven't checked this on the newer ones.

Alex_C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex_C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2008 at 6:01pm
I've got one of the newer ones and i've never had a prob with it... the software isn't great but i pretty much never use it so it's not really a prob
owentec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote owentec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2008 at 1:42pm
I've owned 6, 4 old and 2 new.

3 of the 4 old ones worked fine. 4th was DOA... nothing on the screen, no signal would pass. Replaced under warranty.

The 2 new ones worked fine.

Owen
tweeter box View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2008 at 7:13pm
Ive never had any problems with mine, dont rate it or use it very much, but still never given me any problems
boycey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boycey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2008 at 10:02am
i can vote again now?

edit: not anymore!

Edited by boycey - 27 December 2008 at 5:35pm
the only thing more dangerous than a person who doesn't give a f**k is a person who gives a sh*t.
Kumruz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kumruz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2008 at 7:32pm
     MY berry is working fine but led meter on output engage 3db earlier than on the rest of them(incl limiter) even when they are set COMPLETELY  the same.
         Should i believe lights or numbers when setting berry????? 
size does matter(to my back and to my wife)
dlyxover View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dlyxover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2008 at 5:05pm
I just got my second one (replacement for my first that had a bad button)

just powered it up an outs 1+2 are quietly frying eggs, the other outs are fine so far.

Can I resolve this myself or should i get another replacement?

I'm nearly ready to give up on the DCX and get a driverack, it took blue aran 1 month to sort this replacement

cheers
breakdabeat pete View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote breakdabeat pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 10:44pm
I have just ordered mine
i spent a extra 20 to get it from thomann and to get a 3 year warranty
٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
Unknown Enemy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unknown Enemy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 11:00pm
I just bought one on ebay for £150.

Works fine. No problems at all.
antiG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antiG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2009 at 9:58am
got a newer one, been running it most weekends for over a year, no probs at all

great versatile unit

saying that tho my mate had one that randomly put out 240V when he powered it up, frying one side of his infinite8
dj infinite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj infinite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2009 at 11:13pm
i was thinking of upgradeing our crossover from a super-x-pro to a ultradrive-dro it seems alot of people have had problems. would you say upgradeing to a ultradrive is a bad move? are there any better alternatives in the same price range?
SteveAATW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveAATW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2009 at 12:18am
I happily rack Ultradrives up next to XTA kit and to be honest on 80% of sound systems the limiting factor in sound quality is going to be your speakers, a lot of people will never be able to hear the difference between the XTA and the Berry.

Other than that Audiocore is the only advantage to the XTA, the software is superb. On the flipside the beauty of the berry is that the on screen display on the unit makes programming it from the front panel a dream, much easier than an XTA and I've never felt the need to hook it up to a PC. If you can understand the dbfs units and run it hot to get round the limiter issues the DCX is a sh*t hot piece of kit that for the money nothing else can touch. Strangely I've had more problems with my XTA kit than I have with my ultradrives too.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 30>