Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Behringer Ultradrive Problems Poll

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 30>
Poll Question: I own/have owned a DCX2496 Ultradrive and it was....
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
14 [4.46%]
11 [3.50%]
13 [4.14%]
184 [58.60%]
44 [14.01%]
48 [15.29%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnny B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2009 at 2:24am
yeah what is the crack with the dBfs units and how do they wquil to dBu
pfly View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2009 at 12:47pm
One dBfs is just as big unit as dBu or dB, it has just a different reference point.
Joe Average View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Average Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2009 at 6:45pm
I have two of these buggers, one has been fine although a bit noisy for my liking, the other went out after being tested from factory in one of my racks, just snuffed it, all LED's light on input A and no output whatsoever, also nothing on display although backlight. Got replacement about three months ago, this thread has reminded me to refit unit and test before use. Behringer agent informed me that Guarentee period is now three years so this may be of some use to people with dead units.
I must say that I find it difficult to believe that 240v could appear at the outputs but am obviously not in a position to despute it because I never witnessed such an event..
WhiteElephantSounds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhiteElephantSounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2009 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by Joe Average Joe Average wrote:

I must say that I find it difficult to believe that 240v could appear at the outputs but am obviously not in a position to despute it because I never witnessed such an event..

Who ever it was at void who repaired the inf8 said this definatly what happened, really should have sent it back to behringer to confirm.
nineleaves View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nineleaves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2009 at 7:00pm
unfortunately behringer does seem to get bitten by issues probably relating to not properly field testing kit & resolving small issues then, before it goes out ino the wild.
and evidently their quality control over testing manifactured product for good working order needs to be better. however at the price.. well !

i use certain bits of their kit & dont usually have any problems; also have one of their old 3216 digital mixing desks which serves as a one stop solution for live sound when not using bigger kit & as a does everything backup. both the mixer and the crossover have worked flawlessly here without crashing once; can get a great mix on the lot for the money too ;) ..still prefer analog where possible tho ;) :)

the frying eggs problem; encountered that with one early dcx, transpired to be as noted by others a faulty crimped ribbon cable connector. they probably werent crimping them down properly - or the connectors they bought in werent upto the task. i resolve the intermittent connections with these by whipping the crimp cover off and soldering each wire directly to each terminal to make a PROPER connection ;) ..works a treat if you are soldering iron inclined.
Joe Average View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Average Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2009 at 7:10pm

Fair enough, just seemed odd that mains has travelled from psu side to output, without any fuses popping or warning/alarm bells ringing.

Personally, I would have posted the unit up Behringer's Rusty Sherrif's if I found out that Line voltage was present at the outputs and some of my other valuable kit was affected, irrespective of unit cost.

nineleaves View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nineleaves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2009 at 7:18pm
hmm.. something went catastraphucally wrong in assembly/handling if it was actually possible for mains to find its way to the outputs ..that simply shouldnt be possible ;)
if it was a live short to case, earth cable should of been connected and rcd would of caught that.
MikeHunt79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeHunt79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2009 at 3:38am
I got an early edition egg fryer... I need to get around  to fixing it.
I'm English, and as such I crave disappointment. I actively seek it out.
sheffield-junglist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sheffield-junglist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2009 at 11:22pm
don't actually owned one but have leant one off Mr Folkes a few times and we didn't have any trouble.

MikeHunt79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeHunt79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2009 at 11:54pm
Managed to score another faulty one off ebay today for £40!

I may be able to make 1 good on out of the 2. :D
I'm English, and as such I crave disappointment. I actively seek it out.
tommysb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommysb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2009 at 9:14pm
I've been working with the samplerate converters that these use, and they're a real PITA. Anyone had problems of noise on the output after the source signal is removed?
fuzzylogic View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fuzzylogic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2009 at 10:32pm
I have just recieved mine and have the same problem ,
can't fry an egg or anything else on it...just doesn't seem to get hot enough...melts the butter ok though...then nothing.

NEIGHBOURHOOD SOUNDSYSTEM
Infinitely baffled.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 30>