Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Behringer Ultradrive Problems Poll

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 30>
Poll Question: I own/have owned a DCX2496 Ultradrive and it was....
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
14 [4.46%]
11 [3.50%]
13 [4.14%]
184 [58.60%]
44 [14.01%]
48 [15.29%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teunos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2014 at 2:48pm
+1, and under the setup tab are several usefull pages. One of them is a copy function which lets you copy everything you want from every random channel to another channel. When you have adjusted the EQ on out4 and you want it to be the same on out6, you can just select source page, destination page and select the EQ. It can also copy an entire page, crossover settings, limiter settings etc. etc.
Best regards,
Teun.
kevin tyler View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin tyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2014 at 2:53pm
Hi guys

I am only using 2 way, so I have selected 2 by 3 way, set the mid and bass on butterworth   48s 80 to 18k, 40 to 80 on the sub

cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2014 at 3:01pm
you'll get used to it. they're really easy to use and once you have a feel for it you'll fly around it.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin tyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2014 at 3:33pm
Yes I am sure I will

Maybe they will put the 25 band graphic on the next firmware update?

Cheers

Kev
Adam_Iron_Horse View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam_Iron_Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2014 at 4:08pm
Do you really prefer the graphic over a PEQ?

I've always thought having a graphic on a digital processor like this is a bit odd and just a bit pointless...
Kryptonik Sound Kollective

www.facebook.com/kryptoniksoundkollective
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2014 at 4:57pm
Kev, as a starting point use a high pass on the sub 40hz 48butt, cross to the mid (and mid to sub) at 80hz 24LR and don't use an 18k low pass (if I've read your post right)
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin tyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2014 at 6:24pm
Thanks so much norty,

It was suggested on another forum to roll off at 18k, so I did, but I won't in future.

Adam I have them peq things on the drive rack and never used them because the dbx wanted to boost the same frequencies twice and it sort of got troublesome.

Ie, create a bell like the cab designs imply, then do an rta and it starts to boost the same frequencies again and gives up mid way through scan etc.

Why is a graphic not required,? I have some radical cut and boosts in very close frequencies right now on the dbx graphic, something you can't do with a bell?

Cheers

Kev

Edited by kevin tyler - 29 August 2014 at 6:27pm
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2014 at 6:57pm
you can do very narrow adjustments with peq. ultradrive is good, the display shows you graphically what the effect of the filters are. it's a really useful bit of kit!
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2014 at 7:04pm
Kev, if your highs are on a CD horn, you'll actually need to dial in compensation with a high shelf boost on the parametric EQ.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin tyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2014 at 1:48am
Thanks cravings going to have a fiddle with it to..later.

Hi Norty

I have beyma cd1014nd on tops, what do they require in terms of peq?

http://beyma.com/products/compressiondrivers/1CD1014ND8

if you look at the last page of the pdf for the mid top i use, with another beyma driver, not the one i use, it suggests 3 troughs are required and no eq after 10k is apprent?

http://beyma.com/uploads/descargas/1353672630.pdf

Cheers

Kev

Edited by kevin tyler - 30 August 2014 at 12:07pm
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin tyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2014 at 2:17pm
Hi guys

I fear my post got overlooked due to the weekend, would really appreciate a clarification if you can?

Re the dcx, plugged it I last night, straight out of the box, 1 dead led in the input led vu ladder.

You gets what you pay for I guess

Kev
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2014 at 4:31pm
Is your horn a constant directivity horn? If so, it will probably require some correction.
Note that its the horn that is significant, not the comp.
Have a google for CD horn compensation/eq
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 30>