Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Computer Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PC SPEED

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2009 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by odc04r odc04r wrote:

Pffft wma. If any of those got downloaded they would be deleted out of hand anyway :)

"The worm, which was named Worm.Win32.GetCodec.a, converts mp3 files to the Windows Media Audio (WMA) format
(without changing the .mp3 extension)
"

Edited by levyte357 - 05 January 2009 at 3:09pm
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2009 at 7:28pm
Plenty to go round Lev, nice living down here in Devon and I can park outside all my clients houses/offices!
 Tim, anti virus, anti-spyware. If you have enough RAM run SpywareDoctor, it's free in the Google Pack and will help when the kids get on there. AV, as has been said, Avast, AVG etc are free and will, "Goal keep" your email. Norton requires a 52mb update and about an hour of your life just to start. Utter crap. When you download anything, STOP and untick all the poo that you don't want, then you don't end up with five toolbars and ten picture programsTongue
 Kasperski is great but sometimes gets moody going onto an already infected box. Eset NOD32 is my favorite, especially in a Domain enviroment, converted a few companies from Sophos. If you want you can download the Nod32 free trial, thirty days, uninstall afer and do it all over again in a month, not really in the spirit of things though, £29 is cheap for something so good.

Edited by nickyburnell - 05 January 2009 at 7:37pm
It's everything, not everythink!
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2009 at 7:44pm
One more bit which I always recon is good advice for newbies. PC aint like TV's, they are like cars. Either learn to maintain or pay someone to do it for you.
 Teenagers account for NINETY % of the software problems I see in home computing.
It's everything, not everythink!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123