Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Lighting Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Abstract VR8's

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J Arthur Rank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Abstract VR8's
    Posted: 10 January 2009 at 9:44am
I have been offered 4 of these for £200, as new condition.
Is this a decent 2nd hand price?

Cheers

BTW, my search function isn't working and i know i seen some up for sale recently.

Edited by J Arthur Rank - 10 January 2009 at 9:49am
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2009 at 9:56am
yes
J Arthur Rank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J Arthur Rank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2009 at 9:57am
Thanks.
Bought.
Preacher View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Preacher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2009 at 10:57am
Seems like a fair price, Mr Ed (on here) had some for sale, are they the ones with rotating gobos, as they can get a bit more money second hand.
Stone Lion Sound System, The Garden City Rockers. It's all about the music & the vibe.
Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2009 at 2:09pm
£50 each is the usually price for working second hand vr8s...

i have bought 8 in the last few weeks and paid that amount

they are old but still bright and produce a nice effect

Edited by Heathrow_B_line - 10 January 2009 at 2:09pm
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J Arthur Rank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2009 at 3:24pm
These aren't even 6 months old apparently.
I'm happy with the price.
And it seems that if i need to sell them on at any point, i should get my money back.
Bonus.!Smile

Cheers guys.
Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2009 at 8:07pm
yea definitely a good buy then
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
loudevents View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loudevents Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2009 at 12:16am
I remember buying a quantity of the VR8-R's back when they first came out and they were huge money!  How times change.

Still a very good unit.  Some people report reliability problems, but I've never experienced any and that's using them heavily on the road.  Clients like them just as much for their looks as the light they produce..

Dan
Dan Gruner
Director

Loud Audio Ltd.

Tel: 0845 0944386
24hr: 07590 044386
dan@loudaudio.co.uk

d&b audiotechnik loudspeakers and amplifiers
loudevents View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loudevents Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2009 at 12:20am
I should say I've very rarely seen the VR8-R's on the second hand market (ebay etc) - it's always the standard non-rotating version.  I seem to remember their being a big price difference between the to when they first came out.

Dan    
Dan Gruner
Director

Loud Audio Ltd.

Tel: 0845 0944386
24hr: 07590 044386
dan@loudaudio.co.uk

d&b audiotechnik loudspeakers and amplifiers
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2009 at 2:46pm

yeah, 50quid a head is good, especially if they come with lamps without too much useage....

the vr8r's sell for roughly 100 a head as they are rare, and imo much much better.

love these scans, their 4head standalone programs are really really good!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J Arthur Rank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2009 at 4:56pm
Well, 3rd hand information is never right.!
They were a couple of years old, sat in an installation with no use for the last 6 months.
"They were starting to look out of place" the owner told me.
All working, 2 are spotless, new mirrors, lamps. The other two are really grubby, smoke stained and retaining pin housing has cracked on the base of one casing unit, but a bit of super glue and a clean up and they are alright now, new mirrors on both also.
Internals are quite clean, i put the 4 together and left them running their programme last night, down the bottom of the garden to a bit of S club 7.............Thumbs Up
Love em.
Well worth the money.

Cheers Guys

Preacher View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Preacher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2009 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by J Arthur Rank J Arthur Rank wrote:

a bit of S club 7.............Thumbs Up
Love em.

Really?TongueLOL
Stone Lion Sound System, The Garden City Rockers. It's all about the music & the vibe.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>