Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Lighting Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The laser In kent on NYE?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silas )))))) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The laser In kent on NYE?
    Posted: 11 January 2009 at 6:07pm
Anyone else go to The leisure park party in kent on New years?

Any one know what the laser was? had me mesmorized for hours LOL

and

power in the blood
gwarntek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gwarntek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2009 at 5:30pm
Who put this on?? is it some kinda free party crew or what? i dont hear of many parties out of east kent where i am.

And you came from wales for it??
Peace
Joe_Kidd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe_Kidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2009 at 2:05pm
Yeah it was a free party crew... if your interested to find out who PM me. Wink
oldskool_89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldskool_89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2009 at 2:37pm
Im guessing it was something like this

I got abit seat bound at this party and couldnt take my eyes of that laser!!

Dont know if its worth that sort of money though.... Confused
IMMUNITY SOUNDSYSTEM - [ImmuneFromTheSystem]
jas0n View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jas0n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2009 at 2:01pm
thats awesome
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2009 at 7:57pm
I'm guessing it was nowhere near the size of that one in the ebay ad - and I'm also curious about that 18W dpss.....    hmmm

In case any of you went to Waveform last year, the one used to project on the hillside was under 2W (well they were Laserworld 2watts, so probably a lot under 2watts....)

Edited by norty303 - 11 February 2009 at 7:59pm
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
jonny4288 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonny4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2009 at 5:27pm
sillas, you will need to come to a local barn rave, we use a laser that produces similar stuff to that, with text ect. no idea what it is though, lighting aint my thing
Bespoke View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bespoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2009 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by norty303 norty303 wrote:

I'm guessing it was nowhere near the size of that one in the ebay ad - and I'm also curious about that 18W dpss.....    hmmm

In case any of you went to Waveform last year, the one used to project on the hillside was under 2W (well they were Laserworld 2watts, so probably a lot under 2watts....)

I saw that laser ..ummmm wasn't very bright if you ask me Confused looked more like 1w ( white light ) for anything outside like Waveform i would use 5w ( 532mn DPSS ) min then you start to get that WOOOW factor 
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2009 at 7:26pm
Quote I saw that laser ..ummmm wasn't very bright if you ask me Confused looked more like 1w ( white light ) for anything outside like Waveform

What white light?  It was a 532nm single colour.  Are you sure you're not thinking of the RGB on the main stage the previous year that was about 1.3w total (so prob less than 0.5W 532nm)

Certainly the 2 x 532nm moving head lasers used last year projecting on the hillside from the chillout and used on the main stage were plenty bright.

Again, you use what people can afford/want to pay for. 
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
Silas )))))) View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silas )))))) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2009 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by gwarntek gwarntek wrote:

Who put this on?? is it some kinda free party crew or what? i dont hear of many parties out of east kent where i am.

And you came from wales for it??
Peace

Was home for xmas, only moved to wales in sept.

Jonny4288 - will do, will do.

Was much brighter than the video. I also sat in the chairs starring at it for a good hour. When it did a dancing lobster had me in hysterics
power in the blood
oldskool_89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldskool_89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2009 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by Bespoke Bespoke wrote:

Originally posted by norty303 norty303 wrote:

I saw that laser ..ummmm wasn't very bright if you ask me Confused looked more like 1w ( white light ) for anything outside like Waveform i would use 5w ( 532mn DPSS ) min then you start to get that WOOOW factor 

The laser on the main stage at waveform certainly gave me the wow factor...

Okay i admit i havent seen a 5w but it deffinatly was bright!! Well it was bright to the 'average partygoer' LOL
IMMUNITY SOUNDSYSTEM - [ImmuneFromTheSystem]
Silas )))))) View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silas )))))) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2009 at 7:59pm
Norty - the laser was about 2ft by 1ft sitting on top of some kind of truss / boxes :)
power in the blood
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>