FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MS-18 ..Mini Scooper

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 19>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MS-18 ..Mini Scooper
    Posted: 02 July 2014 at 8:35am
Originally posted by KidCreole KidCreole wrote:

Originally posted by csijo csijo wrote:

nicky hello 

happy day I hope you can help me I am plan to build boxes for fane low colossus 18xb new series and was thinking about mini scoops and wanted to see if you can help me to find the plans to make the Shortman mini scoops like that you built  THANKS 

Jose Ortega from Venezuela
You can't seem to take advice. I don't know what the word is for moron in Venezuelan, but you're becoming pretty close to one 

How to make friends and influence people.LOL
csijo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csijo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2014 at 3:14am
HI do not quite understand your message but I guess it is to follow the advice of scoops if you take and I am just looking to hear other opinions on MS18 MKII is an option more strongly'm evaluating for fane but one of the things that I worry about some of the box are 90cm in height was thinking in less 10 centimeters high by thinking that the mini scoops so the size Thanks
Audio Fanatics, Bass lover
cardiffdon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardiffdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2014 at 1:26am
KidCreole View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KidCreole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2014 at 12:39am
Originally posted by csijo csijo wrote:

nicky hello 

happy day I hope you can help me I am plan to build boxes for fane low colossus 18xb new series and was thinking about mini scoops and wanted to see if you can help me to find the plans to make the Shortman mini scoops like that you built  THANKS 

You can't seem to take advice. I don't know what the word is for moron in Venezuelan, but you're becoming pretty close to one 
Mykey Wattco
csijo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csijo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2014 at 12:34am
nicky hello 

Audio Fanatics, Bass lover
cassiya View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cassiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2014 at 7:12am

As requested..
Just because you got more boxes that don't make you a man....
KidCreole View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KidCreole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2014 at 9:26am
Originally posted by cassiya cassiya wrote:

Whats a TH Mike??? PS you going GP this Sunday? I get the first round?
K

sorry only just seen thatSmile

yeah TH is tapped horn
lionpawsoundsystem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lionpawsoundsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2014 at 9:15am

Originally posted by lionpawsoundsystem lionpawsoundsystem wrote:

It would be nice to be able to take out the minis most of the time to save on van costs, but when called for could take the extensions. I havent got room to store a full set of minis and full size and have allready mostly built the minis.

I think ill just try it on one of the unfinished boxes and a/b them to see if there is any noteable change/improvement.
This is something im playing around with.. But mine are added at the front making the mini into a bandpass hybrid..my prototype is only a 15" version, not yet tried it with 18"..

Im happy to share the plans with you and see what you think?
Cheers. K

Cassiya,

Would be good to see that if your willing to share it? I cant immediately picture what you mean.

bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2014 at 12:25pm

K

I suppose TH stands for tapped horn.....

can you post a photo or drawing of the experiment that you suggested with one loaded and one unloaded scoop? Couldn't picture how it's supposed to happen.
Copa disco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Copa disco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2014 at 7:10pm
Can the MS18 MK3 build a 4" heigher without doing any other mods to get a positive expansion and a bigger horn mouth of 44,4cm instead of 34,4cm. For better performance.

Edited by Copa disco - 28 April 2014 at 7:11pm
cassiya View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cassiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2014 at 4:47pm
K

Just because you got more boxes that don't make you a man....
KidCreole View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KidCreole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2014 at 12:43pm

And here's a good test for you guys to try..
get a loaded scoop, then another one unloaded. put the unloaded one facing the horn at the bottom and see what happens? you will have to lay them sideways to do this..

When you get the same output from just one scoop, we should talk.. the effect is like 2 but only one playing.. I think they call it the Ouzzy Mini scoop.lool

Now add a bandpass section to all that and you'll get the Ouzzy hybrid scoop.Wink
Just use a TH instead
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 19>