Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MS-18 ..Mini Scooper

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 19>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2009 at 8:28am
Thanks, didn't understand why but I knew from other peoples experience (BP Sound) that V1200 was more capable.
 This cab sounds lovely, just needs a little more control, I'm going to add a double B panel extended by 50mm just to see. I'm in it for the run now. Others should go with the Rhino IMO.
It's everything, not everythink!
Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2009 at 12:34pm

PD1850 would blow the V1200 out of the water

Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
catman int View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catman int Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2009 at 12:40pm
i try my box saturday again using the same speaker and the setting's that stipe recon get the same results box loosing too much air,this time i decided to use a little trick my friend told me i add an 3" piece of birch on to the baffle board and the bass was so completly diffrent and i had less cone movement but  a lot more bass and the neighbour from 3 block's away came by to see what was going on now that box is a winner.
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2009 at 12:49pm
HBL it's been explained, don't get why you don't get it? No offence but what Rog says is exactly what will happen in this cab as is. Not from sims, from the cab standing next to me. It will definatly bottom out.
 Catman has just said 3" is what he added, I'm going to the lock-up now, double panel B plus 70mm or so.

levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2009 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by catman int catman int wrote:

i try my box saturday again using the same speaker and the setting's that stipe recon get the same results box loosing too much air,this time i decided to use a little trick my friend told me i add an 3" piece of birch on to the baffle board and the bass was so completly diffrent and i had less cone movement but  a lot more bass and the neighbour from 3 block's away came by to see what was going on now that box is a winner.

Catman, was the mod performed A or B from below?

"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catman int Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2009 at 2:18pm
i use the thery in mod a and it sound way better lev.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2009 at 3:19pm
Lev, just come back after doing mod B. I added 70mm as I've got a lot of bracing and double baffles in there. Bloody amazing, Abasi Dub SHowcase, bridged STR1200, flat out clip lights, full control HPF35. It now does not honk at 120hz even.
 I'm sure it would be louder with a more effiecent driver, that's not what I was after though, just never to blow.
 Tell you what though, that old negative compression plan from the Thai site wasn't far behind, maybe even tighter.
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2009 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by nickyburnell nickyburnell wrote:

Lev, just come back after doing mod B. I added 70mm as I've got a lot of bracing and double baffles in there. Bloody amazing, Abasi Dub SHowcase, bridged STR1200, flat out clip lights, full control HPF35. It now does not honk at 120hz even.

Jolly good show old bean.

How did you attach the mod?

a) Take one side of cab off,
b) Some sorta make shift ting through the front baffle,
c) Use magic/ 'obia ?
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2009 at 3:44pm
Put panel in, in two parts. Made panel, cut vertically down the middle, laminate to panel thats already there, lots of screws, then screws from sides. The only difference in adding it after is the vertical cut. Luckily the small front to back baffle braces, the little ones, came out . After your initial comment about the compression I had a mind that they might have to so there wasn't much glue...Thumbs Up There is now though.
 One bit of wood and 70mm, who'd believe it?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catman int Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2009 at 5:48pm
stipe where are you.Tongue
B.P.Sound View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B.P.Sound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2009 at 6:14pm
And to think on Friday you was going to burn it.......... It's a good job someone listens to me (sometimes)
http://www.londoneventrentals.co.uk/ https://www.facebook.com/LondonEventRentals
Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2009 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by Heathrow_B_line Heathrow_B_line wrote:

PD1850 would blow the V1200 out of the water

Rog is a good designer, his front loaded horns are ace!

But the fact remains he is not the authority on scoop design... that honour still goes out to Shortman and Tony ASS.

I give thanks to Rog for his time and efforts giving away the Superscooper plan, but that has never been considered a dance killer.

So the explanation may seem accurate, but anyone with even the slightest 'hands on' experience will know the pd1850 is the driver for this box.

You will blow V1200's trying to keep up with 4 Pd1850 loaded minis.  i have nothing to base this statement on, no science, no sims but I will put my money where my mouth is and build some in the up coming months and we will see if i'm chatting air or sense

Edited by Heathrow_B_line - 16 March 2009 at 6:42pm
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 19>