Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MS-18 ..Mini Scooper

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 19>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote staiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2009 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by mykey mykey wrote:

"(of course by tring to copy someone elses design as I always do TongueTongueTongue)"

I didn't like that comment at all also staipe, very rude...
LOL

Mykey ... rude?? .. I though that you are person who understand and like a bit of sarcasm ..am I wrong here too????  Confused

Smile
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2009 at 9:51pm
[QUOTE=staiper]Hello mates,

@ 40 Hz which catman use on test is really high for this type cabinet and it will kill almost all from 50-55 Hz below(depending on selected slope). .. in combination with 80Hz LPF it will give really narow one-note Dead responce.

Oh so true. Last year whan I did the Pantone MDF experiment (negative expansion mini thingy) I only had an analogue X-over with a 40hz kill button. When this was engaged the material I was testing with (Abasi/Zion) lost loads of depth. I set up the DCX ready for the MS-18 last week, funnily enough 28hx HPF 24db Butt and 95hz upper same slope. The weekend shall hopefully be fine and I can test then.
It's everything, not everythink!
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2009 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by nickyburnell nickyburnell wrote:

Lev, where does this outer limit end though? Too many clubs/dances now about how low the bass is, not the music or vibe.

Most important  thing I have learnt on this forum is not which is the best amp, or cab or driver.

It is that some want a rig that can provide enough 35-80hz to scare people, and others want a rig that is completely balanced, musical and usually without huge heavy amps.

Nick I wouldn't stress yourself with why. Just make sure you enjoy your hobby, or make sure your rig pays the bills, and gives the crowd what they want.

EDIT:Dont forget shortman didnt say anything here, someone incorrectly said  the MS-18 was a bad copy of his mini.

Edited by levyte357 - 11 March 2009 at 11:42pm
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2009 at 2:23am

the mad thing is........for many years not a new design of scoop turned up, apart from Rog's super, now over the last few days I hear that tubbys has some new scoops and shortman has some v2's

Not true.

2006/2007 brought in the Shortman Mini

2006/2007 brought Staiper 15" scoop

2007/2008 saw new larger chamber ASS full size & ASS Mini scoops.

2007/8 brought the HOG scoop.

2007/8 also brought Ligwa scoop, soundlite scoop.

2008 Tippa shakes Brixton Town Hall/Carnival with unknown scoop.

Lots of sound systems design their own scoops and keep it quiet. In 2008 Tubbys were prototyping their own driver and a scoop for it.Wink

PD1850, V18-1000, FANE 18XB, Bline 800 are catered for by small chamber scoops.

New 2009 scoops are designed/optimised for the latest 2009 scoop drivers.Wink

Edited by levyte357 - 12 March 2009 at 2:36am
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2009 at 4:40am
sh*t you know whats going on proper lev 
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2009 at 4:42am
Originally posted by darkmatter darkmatter wrote:

catman you got any build pics mate? what were you comparing with and which other cabs have you heard that driver in?

18lw1400 didn't seem like the most ideal driver for this cab when i tried to model it, otherwise me and my housemate would be building some of these minis to put his drivers in.
the Rhino, hes built 4 I believe or was it 8?
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2009 at 4:44am
Originally posted by nickyburnell nickyburnell wrote:

Originally posted by catman int catman int wrote:

the baffle board plans that i have is 300 mm
Staip. What is the correct dimension of panel B? I've seen two plans, one at 340 one at 300.

@Mikey, bedside tables, na, Ebay! Not going to need to though, going to sound great!

Diferent strokes for different folkes.
it was a light hearted joke nick, sorry
here's another............
I hope your wife isn't a VirgoShocked

Edited by mykey - 12 March 2009 at 6:16am
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2009 at 4:45am
Originally posted by staiper staiper wrote:

"(of course by tring to copy someone elses design as I always do TongueTongueTongue)"

I didn't like that comment at all also staipe, very rude...
LOL

Mykey ... rude?? .. I though that you are person who understand and like a bit of sarcasm ..am I wrong here too????  Confused

Smile
no not wrong, all for it, but not when someone says you are copying someone like shortman

don't like insults
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2009 at 8:37am
@all
Yeah, sorry, getting stressed, bloody scoops.
Mikey, no offence taken, had two long term Virgo's, not well. Now have Scorpio same as me, two days apart, works.
Rain here, againUnhappy

It's everything, not everythink!
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2009 at 10:22am

sh*t you know whats going on proper lev 

Can guarantee Tek, Rensaab know lots of stuff going on that I dont. Shocked
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2009 at 12:28pm

Nick, I had two long term Virgo's one 3.5 years and one 14 years, aahhhhhrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!

I don't know how I did a 14 stint, trust me

if those 2 were around 500 years ago, they would have been burned at the stake

even if I meet a real stunner, if she tells me she's a virgo, I turn and walk away, its just not worth it

Edited by mykey - 12 March 2009 at 12:29pm
catman int View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catman int Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2009 at 1:14pm
People lets remember im from the carribean and we play music with heavy bass line's we dont use bass at 110 that is too high anything below 90hz is good.I BUILT THE RHINO AND USE THE SAME DRIVER A GET PROPER RESULT CAUSE THE BOX HAVE A LOT OF COMPRESSIN WHICH THE RESULTS WHERE A TIGHT CLEAN ROUND SOLID BASS LINE THAT WAS VERY IMPRESSIVE.I PUT 1 RHINO AGAINST 2 T-18 AND IT WAS A KILL SOUND QUALITY WISE .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 19>