Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MS-18 ..Mini Scooper

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 19>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2009 at 7:15pm
Barry said dont burn it
I decided I was going to add two inches.
Catman said he was told three.
As I don't know whether Catman had double baffle, and therefore smaller chamber I said 70mm. I also have some big box section bracing in the front chamber between front and back baffles. So my chamber is possibly smaller due to double front and rear baffles and box sections, that's why I went 70mm not 75.
HBL, seems to me you are eother talking about something completly different or have missed the point: YES the 1850 will probably do a better job in a mini scoop. HOWEVER, the original design of this scoop had problems, the drivers were acting as if in free air (nearly). In this situation the v1200 would survive because of what Rog explained.
Now the design is OK different drivers can be tried by those who want. I want two bins that are indestructable, hence the V1200. I also hate PD with a passion, their quality control is crap, their kits for re-cones I have seen oval with my own eyes. Royal, Fane or Void here only for me. 

Edit spelling, whether, doh!

Edited by nickyburnell - 16 March 2009 at 9:05pm
It's everything, not everythink!
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2009 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by nickyburnell nickyburnell wrote:

Now the design is OK different drivers can be tried by those who want. I want two bins that are indestructable,

Nick, please bring Fido to NW London sometime, so we can check his teeth. LOL

"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2009 at 9:04pm
On the cards at some point. Going to do the second one identical.
 Woof.
  Staips comments would be nice.......
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2009 at 3:19am
Don't listen to HBL, ignore his posts, the ones I have just read, I don't know why I bovered

HBL, you work with autocad, please don't give advice on here.............you have a few years to go yet

there are people that come on here fresh HBL, if they read your posts they may think you are serious

cheers
Rog View Drop Down

Rogers Archive Posts

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2009 at 4:37am
Originally posted by Heathrow_B_line Heathrow_B_line wrote:

Rog is a good designer, his front loaded horns are ace!

But the fact remains he is not the authority on scoop design...

Thank f**k for that. It's worked then.
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2009 at 5:34am
LOL
smart man Rog
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2009 at 5:38am
Originally posted by catman int catman int wrote:

stipe where are you.Tongue
he'll be designing a Mk2, as if we need any more scoops on this planet, they already cause enough problems lol
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2009 at 7:00am
Originally posted by nickyburnell nickyburnell wrote:

One bit of wood and 70mm, who'd believe it?
Like putting you thumb over the end of your garden hose, simple stuff!
all has been said on here before, I suppose some don't take it in.

you have made the chamber smaller, increased the length of horn by a smidgen, and made the thoat 580 it looks like

so the effects would be a bit louder with a little loss of low end, as would be expected 
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2009 at 9:14am

[/QUOTE]

LOL
pfly View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2009 at 10:38am
Originally posted by Rog Mogale Rog Mogale wrote:

Originally posted by Heathrow_B_line Heathrow_B_line wrote:

Rog is a good designer, his front loaded horns are ace!

But the fact remains he is not the authority on scoop design...

I bet his mind is now only focused on creating one scoop to rule them all...

We shall see Tongue
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2009 at 10:51am
Bet it's not. No business sense in that,
darkmatter View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkmatter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2009 at 11:45am
Stipe has a young baby around, I imagine he's got other things to be spending his time on!

HBL it's a shame that you're so obsessed with being provocative/controversial. You've done loads of good work cadding up designs, posting up build pics etc. and generally helping people out. Yet I have to take your posts with a mountain of salt. Have you got any response to Nicky's post or are you just out to try and prove Rog doesn't know what he's talking about when it comes to scoops and big bass drivers?

As you already know every scoop (/speaker) design makes compromises and you completely ignore this in your assessment of Rog's design. Designs on this site were primarily for the DIY community i.e. easy builds and a good intro to speaker building. RX18 is very heavy as you know. Likewise supers and shortmans each suit different drivers, as you know. If Rog wanted to optimize a scoop design around a certain driver he could, got better things to be doing though.

Dunno why I'm getting into a scoop argument I really don't care lolLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 19>