Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

--= SHOW OFF YOUR LX RIG!!!!=--

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: --= SHOW OFF YOUR LX RIG!!!!=--
    Posted: 13 January 2009 at 6:44pm

only seems appropriate... lets keep it to personal rigs tho hey? people in touring could post pics up, but its just not in the spirit of this place!

mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2009 at 7:01pm
heres mine....

'pub disco rig' - cheap nasty spinmaster1 lights, bit of UV and a laser, is pants but looks alright and does the job. made me a lot of return these lights.

old bigger rig, sold the vr8r's for moving heads, lil minimac in the centre (other 2 at the time both had dead ignitorsOuch), scaff towers truss etc are still kicking about
vid of the event;

for a lil houseparty at home....

and most recently, jan 3rd, dodgy rigging due to truss promised by the soundy never turned up!
vid of this event;

promo vid made of the event - bloody good i thought;

Other random Videos....

abstract vr8'rs at home on sound to light 4head mode

abstracts in use
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2009 at 7:40pm
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2009 at 8:04pm

One of my pride and joy, but very very old vari*lite vl2c heads - ex pink floyd, prince, genesis etc, these heads were the first proper reliable, powerful moving heads built in my opinion ( there were movers before these, but these were really the one to start the lighting revolution)
built originally in 1986, upgraded in 1992 to a higher spec, and still just about going today!

more pics later
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2009 at 8:11pm

a couple more, using, amoungst other things a couple of my Novalight revolutions - a big HMI lamped kelidoscope flower
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2009 at 8:17pm

and one of my favorite bits of kit, my chamsys maxiwing desk
AM55 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AM55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2009 at 8:25pm
How much did the maxiwing set you back?
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2009 at 10:02pm
I got a good deal, i think they are approx £2300 list
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2009 at 10:30pm
Waveform 2007

Glade 2008 Rabbit Hole - My fav piece of gear too  :)

My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2009 at 11:16pm
You have an early wing there Norty! - the new littlelites are a godsend - the original ones are great at blinding you dont you think?

Im very tempted by a HP 22" touchscreen pc at the moment - would finish the maxiwing off nicely...saving up to do i think
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2009 at 1:42am
Yep, think I'll be investing in oneof the new gooseneck lights if the price isn't extortionate  :)

I think I'd go for another 15" screen if needed. As you can see, the playback legends line up perfectly over the physical playbacks on the wing.

That said, when i said my fav piece of gear, i meant the Stella.....
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2009 at 8:31am

I know what you are saying about lining up the playbacks with the screen, but im already using a 20" tft, with no probs in that area

Im thinking that a 22" touch screen will work well with the display in normal rather than touch mode. Im not a fan of touch mode, i really dont like the layout.

Have you had any probs with the wing power supply? Im on my third chamsys one now, they keep replacing them for free, but im carrying a spare now as i dont have a lot of faith in them.
I wonder when chamsys are bringing out their matching dmx controlled beer fridge?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>