Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - inside BEHRINGER DDM4000, 32bit Digi Mixer(update)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

inside BEHRINGER DDM4000, 32bit Digi Mixer(update)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beatdaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2011 at 10:04pm
Just picked one up, and I have to say incredible!
Tomorrow it goes out to out gig :)
nineleaves View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nineleaves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2011 at 10:36pm
Yup, they are awesome value for money, have afew inconsiquential niggles, but if you cant afford the top end pioneer stuff its a great way to get into that level of mixing fun ..i need to dust mine off again sometime and have a play. Quality bit of kit :)
Beatdaddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beatdaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2011 at 11:42pm
i have a question for anyone who wants to answer it .....
i have been running a djm400 with mono out into a driverack pa, then a single cable out to each amp 
weather bridged or paralell .
if i want to use the stereo xlr on output a on ddm4000 can i still use only one signal to each amp?
 for example just using the left high, mid, and low, or is summed outs the only way to do that?
trapz72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trapz72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2011 at 8:47am
If your system is a mono set up then I would stick with using the mono out on the mixer. The dbx pa will only sum the bass so you would lose one side of the mid and top.
kevinmcdonough View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinmcdonough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2011 at 10:56am
hey

Although I have moved away from DJing now and probably wont get round to buying this, it gives me great hope for the new 32 channel digital desk that berry is also just coming out with. Hopefully they have spent the same time and care on it and it will be a similar level of quality, could be very handy for some of the smaller and cheaper work I have coming up.

k
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nineleaves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2011 at 11:08am
Theres another reason to expect the new 32 chan digi from them to be decent ...they bought out two massive players in the FX & Console markets ..Midas and Klark Teknik; and it appears to be their team who where set the task of developing it.

Have two of their old ddx3216 yamaha type desks, and found them to be pretty decent; this however is in another league potentially as far as behringer goes. Hopefully they will price it as competitively as behringer usually does ..will sit it out and see, do rather like the look of the thing.
kevinmcdonough View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinmcdonough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2011 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by nineleaves nineleaves wrote:

Theres another reason to expect the new 32 chan digi from them to be decent ...they bought out two massive players in the FX & Console markets ..Midas and Klark Teknik; and it appears to be their team who where set the task of developing it.

Have two of their old ddx3216 yamaha type desks, and found them to be pretty decent; this however is in another league potentially as far as behringer goes. Hopefully they will price it as competitively as behringer usually does ..will sit it out and see, do rather like the look of the thing.

even better :-)  I had thought that by the time the midas/KT deal had went thought, the x32 must have already been in planning/development and that they would have had only a little input into the design/features.

But if they had a heavy hand in it then so much the better! :-)

k
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nineleaves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2011 at 12:31pm
They probably where yes, but left to their own devices i suspect it would of come out more yamaha LS series like.
I meerly speculate, as that really doesnt 'look' like a behringer design; furthermore its advertised as having a Klark Tekniks effect engine.
Beatdaddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beatdaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2011 at 4:36pm
We ran the setup in mono yesterday using the B outs, the main meters as a reference and the main and B pots in the 12:00 position. That left everything in the last yellow... It sounded perfect ! Very warm!
Mic is definitely very hot!
The fx are worth the price alone!
I used the sampler section more than I have on a mixer before, way fun!
Thanks for the helpful insight =)
Beatdaddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beatdaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2011 at 3:24am
I just ordered a hosa mic attenuator .
It has 3 settings -20, -30, -40db !
This will hopefully cure the mic ?
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nineleaves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2011 at 10:38am
cant say ive encountered this problem, seem to remember both mic channels having fully functional attenuator trims. but in anycase that widget should offer sufficient attenuation.
Beatdaddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beatdaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2011 at 5:53pm
May just be the mic we use is running through effects and pedals?
The ddm4000 does sound better than the djm400 we were using,
and the effects are pretty amazing. I also like the fact that after a 
few other dj's get done with it , I can restore my user preset..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>