Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Lighting Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

405nm.com / bluerangelasers.com

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yodominic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 405nm.com / bluerangelasers.com
    Posted: 28 January 2009 at 1:27pm

Guys, Does anyone recognize the above names or bought anything from him. Both websites are run by a guy called Mark Yorath and he predominently sells his stuff through eBay and is based in Nottingham

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BLU-RAY-VIOLET-BLUE-LASER-SYSTEM-405nm-MINI-PORTABLE_W0QQitemZ170293523308QQihZ007QQcategoryZ14984QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I have recently bought a Blu laser from him for £300 and paid for it on the 10th of Dec 2008. I was told this will be delivered within two weeks. Once this time has finished I’ve been told that he's in the process of moving house and promised delivery again then told he had tooth ache and out for a week. I have now given him a deadline of two more days and if not received asked for a full refund.

Any info is greatly appreciated

gwarntek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gwarntek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2009 at 2:44pm
A laser run off a 9 volt battery??? Hmmmm Ermm
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2009 at 2:47pm
Looking at his feedback looks as if you're not the only one....
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
yodominic View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yodominic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2009 at 3:03pm
I have paid for a dual laser not the one run on a 9V battery but you're right lately people are leaving negative feed backs for him for slow delivery or not receiving the item.
yodominic View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yodominic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2009 at 10:56pm
At last i'm getting somewhere with him after giving him deadline to withdraw my payment. I have been told that i will receive it tomorrow or me money back.
bwilbee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwilbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2009 at 11:31pm
Could you let me know how it performs when/if you get it, what size room it could fill, how bright compared to cheap green lasers ect.. i'm thinking about getting one of these...
yodominic View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yodominic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2009 at 12:00pm
Finally i was given a tracking number for parcelforce and he's also sending a controller specifically designed for this laser, once i get them and checked them out i will let you know.
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2009 at 2:35pm
BTW, at 100mw that is a potentially powerful laser, especially given the low wavelength of it, making it seem less powerful than it is.  By law in the UK it must have warning stickers, by aperture and a be labelled as Class 3b, and also have a keyswitch fitted.  I suspect it won't though, and the 'prototype' nature of the product will be his getout.
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
yodominic View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yodominic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2009 at 1:20pm
Well had it delivered yesterday due to weather, they are powerful twin, he claims rather than splitting one diode into two for a dual he uses two diodes. I'm generally happy except a few things such as not both beams allign. I was told it's just a minor adjustment but i won't bother with that. The controller did not work so will be returning that back as i did not pay for them. I did pay 03rd of dec 2008 and got mine 4th of Feb 2009 so 2 whole months rather than the 2 weeks i was told originally.
 Post Reply Post Reply