Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Lighting Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Budget Movers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2009 at 10:25am
400quid, 1200 quid. The title was budget!
It's everything, not everythink!
Preacher View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Preacher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2009 at 1:57pm
£400+VAT per head is budget for the features, when you consider that big 'name' heads will cost at least two to three times that for the same features mate.
Stone Lion Sound System, The Garden City Rockers. It's all about the music & the vibe.
Dayveboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayveboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2009 at 3:30pm
its a scary word, but.. (sorry for this) if you get in touch with skytronic, they do a moving head lamp with a 25wat ilc lamp (which you will replace a LOT!) and the listed price on their site is circa £25o i think, call tham and ask for a special price for 2, and it amazingly drops to £150 - £160, for the money and in an installed environment, they do ok.
these fixtures are not made by skytronic, they are generic and branded by a few companies, including acme and a few others.

I have put 4 into a hotel, who use them every weekend, and they have been fine. now on thier 2nd year.

hope this helps

Its all Gravy
SteveAATW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveAATW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2009 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by nickyburnell nickyburnell wrote:

400quid, 1200 quid. The title was budget!

That is budget really - compared to £1.5k - £5k a piece for the martin gear it's positively insignificant LOL
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2009 at 5:35pm
Ba humbug, bring back Solar 250's (and the other one I can't remember)
It's everything, not everythink!
Bespoke View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bespoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2009 at 9:40pm
LOL Solar 250's LOL

Dont think your find many clubs with those these days
Stray-Sounds View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stray-Sounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2009 at 9:46pm
whys that? Theres a lighting hire company/bloke down here with tonnes of those things and gets some really nice stuff goin on.

we got a couple too just no rotators or cassettes.

Edited by Stray-Sounds - 08 February 2009 at 9:46pm

<a href="http://www.soundhirewales.co.uk/">PA & Lighting - Sound Hire Wales</a>

Preacher View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Preacher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2009 at 7:52am
Originally posted by nickyburnell nickyburnell wrote:

Ba humbug, bring back Solar 250's (and the other one I can't remember)

Still a very popular lighting effect with the hippy lot, check out the Hawkwind guys they use a couple of lighting companies with tones of Solar kit. I suppose it's one of them if it ain't broke why fix it things, they get the effect they want from them so why change!LOL
Stone Lion Sound System, The Garden City Rockers. It's all about the music & the vibe.
The Garglebard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Garglebard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2009 at 10:12am
There's loads of Solar 250 action in my neck of the woods (and it does indeed seem to be popular with the hippie element).

Still a pretty good lighting effect for chill out rooms etc.
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2009 at 12:36pm
They still get a lot of use actually, I've got quite a selection now.

There are still clubs using them, including new installs.  Turnmills had quite a few 100's and 250's all around the place on inflatables, doing logo's etc before they shut.

Some of the best effects are now very rare, and still very expensive, so its become a labour of love finding them in good nick on the 2nd hand market.  Still alot of demand on the UK festival circuit too.  I've got a near mint condition early one which is just about the same age as me!
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
SteveAATW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveAATW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2009 at 1:52pm
The best thing about the superclub era was probably the lighting setups - you won't get many places these days which put 32 Goldenscans, 16 NATs, 128 Parcans, 24 Strobes, a couple of 1W lasers and a load of comet type centre pieces in one room  Dead
H... View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2009 at 2:04pm
Fruit Salad / Colour Sound experiment did some brilliant shows back in the day with solar 250's........... them were the days!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>