Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > MT122
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MT122 Plot

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Rogers Archive Posts

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MT122 Plot
    Posted: 18 February 2009 at 5:55am
Hi,

I get asked how low will the MT122 play all the time, so thought I would link to this post that has a plot I did of an MT122 a long time ago.

Rockin View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2009 at 8:34am
Wow they go down to 125Hz well. Very nice
Timebomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timebomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2009 at 1:52am
Nice one Rog, theres another plot you did of a single 12" MT horn here:

http://www.speakerplans.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11586&KW=boke&PID=106434#106434

Can you remember if the plot you did of the MT122 was in half space or free space? 

Just finnished the last of my punishers today and im hoping i can use them with the single mt112s i have, not tryed it yet, ive been running the punishers up to 120Hz this week with some reflex tops, sounds quite good but some very tight kicks can make the punishers sound a little rough so will try a 100Hz cross to the MTs tomorrow, the MTs kick hard as i remember, hoping 3 MT 12"s to 6 punishers will work nicely as i can fit that lot in 1 van load.
James Secker          facebook.com/soundgearuk
James@soundgear.co.uk               www.soundgear.co.uk
jonny4288 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonny4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2009 at 5:17am
that plot is useful, thats exactly how my mt122 are constructed, with the two 12" coupled

nice one!
heinrich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heinrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2009 at 6:51am

so at what frequency will it start to comb filter?

for a wild guess is it 900hz and above?
.....power is nothing without control....
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2009 at 6:29pm
It shouldn't comb filter (to the detriment of any sound) if its crossed over correctly as the 12"s should not be playing anything by the time they uncouple.

Anything will also be in the vertical plane anyway so much less of an issue

Edited by norty303 - 23 February 2009 at 6:31pm
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
heinrich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heinrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2009 at 1:42am
Originally posted by norty303 norty303 wrote:

It shouldn't comb filter (to the detriment of any sound) if its crossed over correctly as the 12"s should not be playing anything by the time they uncouple.

Anything will also be in the vertical plane anyway so much less of an issue

as we could see on this pic, lobing in the vertical plane at 900hz would be much improve...?

norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2009 at 1:28pm
My pic was based on separation based on the original plans.  As you can see its not really an issue in the vertical plane.  Obviously it will be better with the horns right next to each other, but its not exactly bad to begin with!
heinrich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heinrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2009 at 6:06am
I was also hoping that Rog could write his views why the two 12" were arrange in that way,
since I coudn't find posts concerning this....

norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2009 at 9:01am
I'm guessing its to do with acoustic centres, in the same way that line array cabs have the HF at the centre followed by mid and LF towards the outside.  Ultimately its about practicality, ensuring that the various sections are close enough within their respective passbands to couple effectively.
heinrich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heinrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2009 at 3:12am
mmmmm......ok

I was actually thinking of doing it the same way it was measured with the 12's close together...
psytron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psytron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2009 at 12:38am
here is my plot of a MT122 using std design and SN12b

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>