Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Letterbox X1 plan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr Burnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2006 at 8:41am
Cheers for the mod guys, just got myself a MA3600vz and was looking to build a nice sub to go with it. The original X1 seemed to wide, but this mod would go well with my X15's on top. I think Angus had the same idea judging by the picture of 2 x15's on his profile.

So, what drivers would work best in this baby? I've used some simple reflex cabs before with PD1850. I was quite impressed on the performance with only 2, but did find them to sound a bit hard and lacking on the real lows.... well below 40Hz. Would be good to get a smooth responce with good extention to the looooow end . I think this could be the design for me.
angus View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by Dr Burnz Dr Burnz wrote:

Cheers for the mod guys, just got myself a MA3600vz and was looking to build a nice sub to go with it. The original X1 seemed to wide, but this mod would go well with my X15's on top. I think Angus had the same idea judging by the picture of 2 x15's on his profile.

don't read anything into the avatar picture! it's just me stacking them up in the front room just as they were loaded for the very first time. I think side by side, 2 X15s would go well on top of one (or preferably two) X1s

cheers,
angus

p.s. whoever was asking for my X15 build pics (james?), they will be posted eventually but i have to collate them all from three different camera sources...
yetimonster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yetimonster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2006 at 2:05pm
hello,
just a question (my english is not so good, i'm living in europe).
does your plan modification makes a difference in the sound quality, or is it only to have a bigger sub bass (i understood you want to put 2 X15 on it...)....

thanks

Edited by yetimonster - 27 June 2006 at 2:05pm
Mike Severloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Severloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2006 at 1:12pm
Hi guys !

Great work !

As with the drumfill threads, any ideas to move all tunnel exits to the upper half of the cabinet ?

To use the X1 aside a drum riser, the lower tunnel would always be covered, partly at least.

Btw, did we already discuss open air performance and directivity (medium throw) of X1-pairs compared to Punisher-pairs in the same frequency range,

with or without active x-overed kick bass support  ?
Mike Severloh.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Severloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2006 at 6:40am
Hi again,

my idea was to put all tunnel exits to the upper half of the cabinet, for reason.

This would lead to the lower tunnel to end directly under the upper one, with the direction straight upwards.

Hints, anybody ?

Edited by Mike Severloh - 15 August 2006 at 6:40am
Mike Severloh.
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2006 at 1:20pm
Not sure what effect it might have.  With them right next to each other there may be some interference of airflow, as one will be sucking and one will blowing at the same time.
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
angus View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2006 at 7:21am
Couldn't you just stand it on its back? Or am I missing something? I don't think the sound is very directional out of an X1. It does mean you wouldn't be able to stack anything on top of it though, but if its for a drummer to hear his kick then this probably isn't the right cab and a dedicated kick horn might be better. But then I know very little about band setup...
They're complaining over there, but it's their fault!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Severloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2006 at 4:15am
Originally posted by norty303 norty303 wrote:

Not sure what effect it might have.  With them right next to each other there may be some interference of airflow, as one will be sucking and one will blowing at the same time.

Hi,

DB Technologies seem to be quite succefull in selling bandpass subs of that shape, like DB SUB 05, 12 and 15.

Simply put them upside down and it matches my suggestion.

Anybody tried that already ? Remember, most drum risers offer sufficient space only for standard drum sets, custom setups get bigger than that, and nobody seems to put subs into account.

Hope my 15" bandpass with tunnels near its top will be ready ītil January, I will post pics and listening results.
Mike Severloh.
hond View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2009 at 12:41pm
Void V18-1000 fit??
Rossco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2010 at 1:53pm
Ta for this. Been hunting for letterbox X1 designs.
Much appreciated. Clap
imperialjunglistic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imperialjunglistic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2010 at 7:58pm
Hello everybody , someone has he got DOM's X1 plan , i mean with the additionals braces and the longer one ..
I'd like to do two letterbox x1 to stack my four HD15 .
Dom View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2010 at 9:39pm
I haven't got a copy of the plan any more, but it's all described in the thread.  Both port braces go to the back of the box.  There's two braces on the front panel, a brace on the back of the access panel an a 10cm wide brace that ties the two large side panels together.

I've probably got a router jig for it kicking around somewhere though - if you have the jig you don't need a plan, you just cut the panels to fit into the rebates....

"It sounded like a million fire engines chasing ten million ambulances through a war zone and it was played at a volume that made the empty chair beside me bleed."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>