Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

v18-1000 in an x1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rupture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: v18-1000 in an x1
    Posted: 24 August 2005 at 1:49pm
i know this is similar to a couple of other posts, but i feel it is more specific:

Does anyone have any response graphs for an x1 loaded with the 1000w void 18"?  Is there much difference between that and the p-audio rog suggests and although there is more output per box, is this efficient for the power ill put in or would i be better running more boxes with using p audio?
Dom View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 2:55pm

Think it depends on what you're going to power it with...  Probably best to make your decision based on your amps...

When we modelled the two drivers in an X1, the SD-18 had a flatter response and was more sensitive below 75hz or so...  It's got a lower x-max though and doesn't seem to take the extreme power levels you can put into the void though... (By extreme I mean we run ours with a healthy 1700W per box)

I have got some SD-18s I'm going to stick in some X1s though.  I'll put a plot up once I go sheep worrying with bass bins again...

"It sounded like a million fire engines chasing ten million ambulances through a war zone and it was played at a volume that made the empty chair beside me bleed."
JD01 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2005 at 10:18pm
Didn't Rog or someone else publish a mod for the X1 when using the V18-1000? If so, please place a link.
Timber_MG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timber_MG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2005 at 2:59am
Dom's (or was it norty303's) letterbox version methinks.
Dom View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2005 at 5:30am
And it wasn't a mod, the internal volumes and ports are exactly the same, just the box is a different shape...
"It sounded like a million fire engines chasing ten million ambulances through a war zone and it was played at a volume that made the empty chair beside me bleed."
angus View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2005 at 9:40am
It was in this thread here.
JD01 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 3:05pm
The letterbox version was just a 'form factor' change, nothing changed in volume and tuning. But I remember someone saying something about the changes needed for the Void driver to work perfectly in the X1.
 Post Reply Post Reply