Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Golden oldies
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASS,Gauss,Martin,etc old brochures.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2009 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by Saul Saul wrote:

some pics aren't loading for me,  -

i'm looking for specs on ASS bs1200.

cheers

First page Saul

http://i42.tinypic.com/2elgz8j.jpg
Saul View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2009 at 6:58pm
cheers - that one wasnt loading for me. 
Nachural View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nachural Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2009 at 3:31pm
Makes you realise how advanced those Gauss drivers were when you consider that their specifications would still be 'respectable' today.
it's all just cardboard and magnets really
Pav View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2009 at 12:23pm
Just reading this thread and thought I'd share this link.

http://www.lansingheritage.org/html/jbl/jbl.htm

I used this part of the link because there are some old plans available for JBL cabinets but if you navigate round there are loads of images and brochures from 1942 onwards!!  Take a look at the Library site map.  Theres als loads of plans for Lansing cabs.

Edited by Pav - 19 December 2009 at 12:25pm
Abo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2009 at 2:11am
i have the ass dj monitors and would like to know if you could help out on what drivers i will need to load them up considering 12 are needed also. cheers

jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2009 at 8:53am
I think the bass driver was a 12" PD,the 2 inch exit horn had a JBL 2445,and the four bullet tweeters can either be JBL 2402's or the cheaper Fane or Beyma bullets,depending on your budget....either way,its going to cost a fair bit to get them loaded...im afraid this is one of those cabinets that has probually been striped out,as the value of the drivers inside was more than the value of the whole thing.
Be seeing you.
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2010 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by djgorey djgorey wrote:

<snip>

any chance you could put bigger pics up?

edit: no matter, found the pdf on freespeakerplans. nice one.

Edited by cravings - 15 September 2010 at 6:05pm
Wrek0ne View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrek0ne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2011 at 1:15am
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

Vintage Martin....

Does anybody know  much about the S1 & S2? Iv managed to find plans for the S2, but never the S1 does anyone know if they were ever released, or is it just a logical guessing game from the plans of the S2?
Poll this!
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2011 at 8:34am
Wasn't the S1 just an S2 cut in half? I'm sure it's the same plan, just a different width.
Search the forum for it... but do it from Google!

EDIT: just use this term in the search box, without the quotes.

"Martin S1 site:http://forum.speakerplans.com"

Edited by djeddie - 28 March 2011 at 8:35am
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2011 at 9:28am
As Eddie says, an S1 is half an S2 but it still is a big cabinet for a single 15" driver though---if you are going to make any then make sure that the plans that you have are the correct ones as there were a lot of moody Martin plans knocking about that were nothing like the proper plans---Also have a look at the Martin Audio F2B cabinets as they are extremely pokey for a 2x15" reasonably compact horn loaded box---there is loads of info on here about them if you do a search. 
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2011 at 11:43am
Ditto what Robbo says....think hard about it first before building any....do you really want a box that is 4 foot deep and 4 foot wide for just a single 15" driver?....yes a vertical stack of four would be good,but a stack of four F2B's would eat it.
Be seeing you.
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2011 at 10:44pm
labsubs are a similar size and people seem to move them around, and i bet the output is similar?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>