Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Golden oldies
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASS,Gauss,Martin,etc old brochures.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 13>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2011 at 12:25pm
Just found this  and thought it may be useful!
All RCF spec's

Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2011 at 7:05pm
Good find Sir!Clap
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
PauliePaul View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PauliePaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2011 at 7:14pm
Not exactly a brochure... but I was having a mooch around on Youtube for some old videos, one of the ones I rooted out was 'I surrender' by Love and Laughter from 1994.

Imagine my surprise when I watched the video and saw a big ole pile of ASS on the back of a truck and then on the ground at other points in the video...

Bear with it... it does appear... honest!!

Edited by PauliePaul - 17 April 2011 at 7:14pm
TRE4U2NV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRE4U2NV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2011 at 8:02pm
Clap
IM SO SECRETIVE BUT I CANT TELL YOU WHY
TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2011 at 8:48pm
Good find Paul, 17 years old. I wonder who's got the Scoops now.
PauliePaul View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PauliePaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2011 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by TONY.A.S.S. TONY.A.S.S. wrote:

Good find Paul, 17 years old. I wonder who's got the Scoops now.

Good question!! Do you think they were even plugged in though?!?! I once supplied a pair of Community CSX60B's and matching pair of CSX57's for a hip hop theatrical performance at the Birmingham Rep, the director was over the moon with his new on stage 'props' because they looked 'ghetto'.... LOL

Only hire I ever covered when I didn't have to worry about blown drivers!!

Originally posted by TRE4U2NV TRE4U2NV wrote:

Clap

You remember this one Trev? I can remember 'droppin foot' to it... Embarrassed
madboffin View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madboffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2011 at 12:55pm
Not a brochure, but of some historical interest:

Handout advising of Martin Audio's move from Jubilee Works to Stanhope Street, in 1975.

www.spamabyss.net/pictures/MAmove75.jpg

csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2011 at 8:46pm

Altec, 1978
Gigaset System View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gigaset System Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2011 at 8:50pm
Wow what are they ?
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2011 at 8:56pm
multi cell horns from the 1978 Altec range - Vitavox in london offered similar units.

Edited by csg - 18 July 2011 at 8:56pm
Nachural View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nachural Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2011 at 9:47pm
The Altec Mantaray series were well respected in 70's large scale touring rigs. Pretty expensive to manufacture I expect.
it's all just cardboard and magnets really
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2011 at 9:02am
Just in the process of re-furbing a pair of Martin Audio VRS800 cabinets identical to the ones on the first page of this post that Ian has shown from the Martin Audio catalogue of the day.
All components are totally original and all with their original Martin Audio stickers except for the JBL 2426 HF drivers with JBL ID on----Even the passive crossovers are totally original and with all the XLRs in place as they have not been butchered by fitting Speakons but we are going to fit a metal 8 pole Speakon in the space left on the input panel---Properly, I might add so that it looks as if it was there when the cabinets left the factory----The only thing missing is the Martin Audio badges from the original front grilles---If anyone has any spare at all, I would be most grateful if they can let me know---Its the older aluminium plate screen printed badge with the large "M" on it not the newer smaller plastic one---Cheers--John.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 13>